nLite - Windows reduction tool

nuhi

@evilvoice, you are probably right but i'll wait, i made my share of bugs

Yes, descriptions are kinda shifted...thanx for the tip and you pointed one more bug...i forgot to put $oem$ to hidden directory list...will fix it later

We don't want people to delete that

edit: there, fixed i need to remake descriptions these days

as for the post below :)

Hmm, cool... so now will the cursor schemes remain too ?? and one more thing.

If i remove the scsi thingy from the bootup, how does that affect me if suppose i wanna install it to a scsi disk ?

Meaning, i know this wud remove the scsi disk support from the setup, so thus this install wont run on scsi disks right ?

Bye,

Jazz

PS :- awesome updates, will report later..

everything worked out fine on my latest "build", now I have only two problems,

How do I get rid of the logon? I always have to click that stupid administrator account before windows actually starts... This isn't really a problem but more of an anoyance.

Now the second is a bigger one. I can't install my nForce drivers, I've tried a few different versions. They always stop after the installshield prepared the installer. Then I installed vb runtimes (didn't change anything), then installed framework, (didn't change anything). Does anyone know what the nForce setup needs to run? Apparently I delete something while nLiting my XP install CD what this setup needs, but I just don't know what...

Any help greatly appreciated

I will try the new beta 9 and report if the slow down prob is gone ...

PS: a little "bug", in the about text its is written http:\\unattended.msfn.org but it should be http://unattended.msfn.org

More Suggestions:

- Add a link to this forum thread in the about text :)

- Make the sfc_os.dll hack optional

- Why not put the estimated size of each component in the description of each one? At least a hardcoded estimated size, if an algoritm is difficult to implement (i think is simple, see the file list and then go and sum the file sizes from the cd).

To take less time to a regular user, put a "Estimate components size" button or option.

- Improve the custom file list file selection with a browse button (with multiple choise) in each, and instead of a text area using a list or tree view.

- One i already said, but, make option to remove read-only attributes from all files and directories, and also another option to make all files UPPERCASE.

- Possibility to add new hacked files, like uxtheme.dll (modpe them and makecab them)

- And the last one, i know this one as already been discussed but is a personal request, in a future add the xpcreate features (add new files, like msjava or msn messenger,etc) to nLite!!! That way it would all been done with one software and in 1-step.

Keep the good work!!! And give us more and more new build's to test!

sorry for not reading the previous 32 pages; my problem might have already been discussed...

when i use nLite and reduce an sp2 rc1 source mildly or madly, either way i get about 5 or 6 missing file errors... it's not really a problem now because i fixed the references already, but the thing is, when i compare the file names to the nLite.log, they aren't even in the log? it says nLite didn't remove them, but without using nlite the files existed because i didn't have errors before

@bonedaddy, what large spaces...you mean default txtsetup or nlited ?

Nlite trims many unneded ones.See default and you'll notice a difference.

Either way it doesn't affect speed.

@Jazz, yes, there is an option, just for you

I kept scsi disc support and scsi class...so there shouldn't be a problem installing your own drivers...if there is let me know and it will be fixed.

I haven't experienced lesser reduction but it happened in the past, maybe i missed something again....will check it

edit: try and see is your driver.cab bigger because of new compression routine

@AztecMystic, you can spread the word, i'm not into the licencing stuff...maybe i'll write something...for now just warn them to test it first on virtual machines.

Automatic logon...use TweakUI.

Nforce bug...hmm...try not to select any drivers and let me know does it work then.

@CuBie, in month or so, it will support win2k, win2k3...but then first debugging before it's mass usable

@kalavera useful as always.

Link bug, about, ok

Optional sfc, ok

Estimated size...i can make it automatic for everything except drivers where i can leave it blank or write manually.

Readonly attributes are allready automatically removed when that calculating size... is active

Uppercase is when you make iso...see inside iso

I may make it on disk uppercased also but it's not crucial.

Uxtheme, too big...and to hard to crack automatically, it's not easy like oobe

XPcreate...why do you think i'm here to make the same mistake microsoft made...i won't be a part of monopoly game :)

Whell, more build more bugs, and public don't like that...i may send it to you by mail next time.

@[bM]Crusher, file names would be very helpful...just don't tell me they begin iac25_32.ax

ir41_32.ax...

Will it be better if i put components to detect if they are allready removed and disable them or even remove them from tree ?

Crusher,May 24 2004, 07:23 AM] sorry for not reading the previous 32 pages; my problem might have already been discussed...

when i use nLite and reduce an sp2 rc1 source mildly or madly, either way i get about 5 or 6 missing file errors... it's not really a problem now because i fixed the references already, but the thing is, when i compare the file names to the nLite.log, they aren't even in the log? it says nLite didn't remove them, but without using nlite the files existed because i didn't have errors before

SEARCH FUNCTION. THIS HAS BEEN COVERED NUMEROUS TIMES IN THIS THREAD AND IN MANY OTHER THREADS.

(assuming you're talking about the Indeo codec files :))