nLite - Windows reduction tool

nuhi

@ZuluDC, :)

What, i always keep ie and it never failed...hmm, it's beta8 bug, ignore beta8, i hope you'll forgive me

What, coding issue for you is gone ? That's because i used your infs in testing, now when i test those two and make modifications it should work.

@Milgathia, thanx, as soon as language bug is solved there will be multiple components added

(ok, in the future i'll try to see why ie can't be reinstalled, maybe because of registry leftovers, i haven't delete them yet)

@hoTy3k, appreciated

@Milgathia, thanx, as soon as language bug is solved there will be multiple components added

(ok, in the future i'll try to see why ie can't be reinstalled, maybe because of registry leftovers, i haven't delete them yet)

I have the answer sir. :)

To reinstall IE i did the following:

1) Installed Mediaplayer 9 (to solve the DRMClien.dll issue)

2) I've added a DWord in the registry path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}

'IsInstalled' and setted it to 0 (Zero)

After that I was able to reinstall IE even if I think it's not a good and complete installation...

Kind Regards

No problem if bug or not...till now there are laying some nice nlite-versions on my hd :)

Jepp, i really can't see any stringfault...ä, ö, ü, double-s...all in the green area...would say: Perfect!

@Milgathia

After slipstreaming you have directx9.0b no? I slipstreamed the sp2 2096 (not even the latest but the last one from m$). I nLited my install cd, and after installing it (nothing updated) I ran dxdiag, and it gave me version 9.0b (4.09.0000.0903)

One more Q:

What happens exactly when you remove the valueadd folder?

@Milgathia

After slipstreaming you have directx9.0b no? I slipstreamed the sp2 2096 (not even the latest but the last one from m$). I nLited my install cd, and after installing it (nothing updated) I ran dxdiag, and it gave me version 9.0b (4.09.0000.0903)

One more Q:

What happens exactly when you remove the valueadd folder?

I have not splipstreamed the SP2 since it's not officially out yet and it's only available in english.

That's the reason why I've asked for more components in list :)

Anyway the value add is a folder with additional programs, mainly for sysadmins, you don't need 'em for setup purposes.

Kind Regards

I actually suggested not forcibly removing valueadd folder because I, like many of my friends who do tech work, put custom things in valueadd and remove the "3rd party" stuff that exists in there. Ive moved most things to runonceex capability, but for things that dont work there, I move into the valueadd folder just to keep the layout somewhat the same as the original...If i needed to add some text files, then I would prolly keep the DOCS folder also, but its just what I do...I did say that it could have been an option as to whether you wanted it removed...but I think the multilanguage bug is being fixed hardcore right now, so until that is done, I prolly wouldnt make any suggestions :)

@Milgathia, nice...so even if mplayer is removed i may keep drm component, i'll see if it can be clensed from others

@ZuluDC, yahoo!...but that's weird, hoTy3k had error with beta8 and he has german windows too

@rudi1, i still haven't got your original, pre-nlite infs, so you could experience same problem.

@evilvoice, i don't know if you are aware of it but now it's all selectable, docs, valueadd, they will apear if detected

@hoTy3k please test this version and let me know.

If it hangs there again, try without selecting any driver.

Do you have the same problem with beta7 ?

I just reinstalled test version with your infs and it was ok.

There was ie, 'show desktop' and no language faults.

Others download only if you are willing to test and report language issues.

dreadful beta8 third version download here.

- changed encoding detection a little bit

- changed cdimage attributes, some problems could be a result of small letters as someone warned me

- fixed issue remembering last selected drivers and processing them

really sorry nuhi,becouse I misunderstanding

what files you need and I send you a wrong files,but now I hope that be o.k.

I have out of home.so I'am a little late :rolleyes:

I try your latest build,but I have the same error :)

whoops nuhi, im sorry, I havent looked at a build since I think 4, tho I might have checked 6, just like an open and close type of thing...Im just sitting here patiently awaiting until after you get the multilanguage bugs fixed and start working more on options :) no rush though...Ill be out of town for 2 weeks.

PS Jazz, HELLO! and I like the sig, and a HELLO! to everyone else from 911cd, looks like you all found me LOL

Heya evil wassup man ! long time no see :rolleyes:

Well spotting you isnt that difficult you see... you make your self stand out wherever you go :D

Looks like after exploring the world of Hardcore bootable cd development, ppl have come here to relax their senses with unattended xp :)

anyways, i'll be hangin around ... i kinda like this app, this has enabled me to fit my cd on a 700mb disk, *phew*

BYe,

JAzz

Just received Rudi1's email, he has Home Edition, so maybe that was a problem.

Now i got his infs and will check that later.

If you have some other language then english on a Pro version please try 8.3 from my previous post and let me know is it working...on email will be better.

I was not able to let my fingers away from nlite :)

Like always short test in VMWare. I don't know if it was the Distributed Transaction Coordinator that make my beta8_second install to an fault-alert fiesta by clicking around...but now...

...i say now...

...it looks good...

...very good...

...very very good...

would say: Nearly perfect!!!

ZuluDC holds all thums up (...i think it is time to make a handstand once again :rolleyes: )

@Milgathia, gladdyxxx just sent me instructions so that i can integrate it faster, thanx goes to him and you know that will be effective only on windows xp and windows xp with sp1.

Sp1a and sp2 don't have jvm in them.

@ZuluDC, OO YEAH...finally good news, now just to fix home edition problem and i'm on the road again.