nLite - Windows reduction tool

nuhi

@RyanVM, yes, so then it's ok to keep that option ? No legal issues ?

I'd say that unless you start getting complaints from MS (and they have at least one representative who posts on this board), don't worry about it :)

@serialzs, you mean from installation ? It's just deleting, no undo, you have original cd and do it again, i don't see a problem.

@GrimSage, i have that problem since...ever, don't worry about it, the hotfixes are installed, if we ever find out what it is i'll let you know.

@RyanVM, oh i didn't know that, then it's alright

@ZuluDC, :rolleyes::D

And i even googled for "nlite" before releasing it and haven't found anything similiar

@GrimSage, try beta 7 without selecting Terminal Services and any experimental

See if you are still getting the same problem so i can list it as known bugs.

@Sgt_Strider, since i haven't tried it with nLite because of full schedule and i'm using newest beta of windows so no need, Jazz seems to know something, listen to Jazz :)

beta 7 uploaded with some delay, but it still has some known bugs, still better that beta 6, but to be sure i'll leave beta 6 in download too.

- tree of scanned directories (like valueadd, support, docs...), only available if such directories exists

- progress bar (needs tweaking)

- remote desktop moved to Terminal Services (read new description)

- component service fixed but shows missing firewall.cpl if firewall is removed, fixing

- saves last custom files lists

- some more bugfixes, can't remember

When obvious errors are fixed there is going to be a lot of services and components added.

About unicode problem...german and chinese windows, try this one and just let me know if it's fixed, if not, i still have more options to try. (haven't tried it myself, no time, **** finals)

Run XPCREATE first then run NLite afterwards.

Peeps have had problems intergrating Q816093 304930 Microsoft VM Update into xp sp1 if you copy this file msjavwu.exe to SVC-HF2 you shouldnt have any problems. Its not mentioned on XPCREATE website.

@nlite and grimsage

It's not nLite's fault that the hotfixes are being reported missing. It's because of the componants you're selecting that are making them appear.

Have you tried looking at their logs?

I was refering to the logs created by the HOTFIX's. They're in Windows direcotry or System32, one of the two.

@Markymoo

The Java update it not listed on the XPCREATE website, simply because officially it's not longer supported. The list maintained there is for use with SP1a, and since Java isn't in it, the fix isn't added. The site deals with the latest hotfixes, not where legacy ones should go.

no i dont add ms java vm thru another file and i truly have sp1a

Edit: yes it is weird, checking my updates i have noticed 2 updates of 286k so realising its not the full updates but the express installers so may of affected the final result. This is easy to miss as jono's update downloader did just that not get the full updates but the odd express install. Oh Alanoll nice work with the Updates2.cmd. Is it upto date as of today?