nLite - Windows reduction tool

nuhi

edmoncu, i know you're half joking but i'm having much fun with this app so i will make profiles support as kalavera suggested and yes you will be able to save custom but it's not that important, that's more for fun.

Good night :)

Great app, truly appreciated.. :)

Well the exclude file from being included in the iso (cdrecord options) dosent work, i put there nlite.log, but its still there in my cd, Perhaps if u do want to include that file in the installation's for some checks or whatever then it probably might be a good idea to move it to the i386 folder.. as there are thousands of files there already, a extra log file wont make any difference, but atlest the root will be clean, eh :D

Also, as previously suggested pls ask the user of he wants the iso before it self, so that we can rest in peace :rolleyes: lol..

umm, cant think of a anything else now, but i'll sure come up with something.. :D

Bye,

Jazz

PS :- Hey its great to see so many old pals like zulu and evilvoice on this forum.. for some reference, i'm jassi from 911 forums

*me going to bed* but first :)

Jazz, exlude files from processing box is ment for you to put which files NOT to remove...that would be helpful when i didn't have the time to correct font issue so you could write the missing font names in the box and repeat the process.

log is moved to nLite dir in the next version.

Thanx

Another suggestion:

Because the process is very linear and sequential why not change the UI to a "wizard like" step-by-step style? Like for example 1.choose the path 2.option to slipstream 3.choose the components to remove (this could be separated in categories) 4.make iso

Another one :) :

It is possible to put next to each component the space that it is using (in megabytes)?

Also with that it would be possible to create a bar like the one in Nero to see how much space would be reduced (this one is almost just cosmetic but it would be nice together with the wizard!)

Keep the good work!

@GrimSage, was going to but drivers are compressed and there was no easy way of autodetecting size (like for apps)

@shadowfla, just got them...installing in a few hours, will be fixed

@homiebrah, win2k, enough space on hdd, clean windows copy ?

@kalavera, hehe, step-like gui is allready done, just waiting to add more functionality to call it a new version.

The other suggestion would have to wait, as i stated above it's the drivers, can't scan them unless extracted, but thats not economic

Booooooooooooooooahhhhh!

I LOVE THIS TOOL!!!!

*ZuluDC making some handstands and has a very big smile on the face* :rolleyes:

Ps: Hi jassi :) I love it too to see some of the good hearted peoples from the 911 forum beeing around here.

♪♪♫♪ ♪♪♫♪ ♪♪♫♪ ♪♪♫♪ <-- this is for your other nickname, but sorry! It isn't jazz...just straight rock :D

It would be awesome to be able to add drivers (such as RAID drivers would be awesoem), and/or applications, such as WMP9 instaead of default version, or MovieMaker 2, things like that, not necessarily only these items.

If not, its still way awesome.

well maybe a total size for all drivers not a breakdown of each part. if you want I could help.. Take out one part see what the difference is. then take out another see what the difference is .....

It would be awesome to be able to add drivers (such as RAID drivers would be awesoem), and/or applications, such as WMP9 instaead of default version, or MovieMaker 2, things like that, not necessarily only these items. 

If not, its still way awesome.

going alittle overboard aren't we?

XPCreate I know does Hotfixes and RAID drivers.

As for applications, I believe nuhi said he was implementing a FILESCD type thing like XPCreate.

But WMP9 and MM2? What about DX9? I bet you could wait the 1.5 months till SP2 comes out. It's supposed to ship with those.....