RIS/RIPREP

I've been tasked with creating a master RIPREP image for all workstations for a 2000 roll-out.

I've successfully got it working on identical hardware, and am now at the stage where I am testing the process on differing hardware platforms with additional drivers supplied to the image.

My current test is with NVIDIA graphics drivers (for an MX 100/200), although I'm sure exactly the same issues will be found with over drivers.

I've managed to get Windows 2000 to detect the new drivers for the hardware and begin installing it once the image has been downloaded from the server (using OemPnpPat, etc), and I've logged on . However, as you might expect, the installation halts, requiring the location of additional elements to the install process. In this case, it begins by asking for nv4_mini.inf. I thus have to point the computer back at where it's just found the driver to tell it where this file is, even though it's in the same location. Can you please assist, as I need the machines to be imaged without having to revisit them once the imaging process has been started.

Hi there,

I am sorry to reply without actually giving an answer to your problem. The thing is I was trying to install the RIS on a Windows 2003 Server and I just can't get it to work (Client doesn't see the RIS server). Was wondering if you might help me with something.

1. I installed RIS, made the image, but how to get it to verify itself on the DHCP server? I am not the administrator of the real domain, thus cannot do it there.

2. If I install DHCP on the server (to get RIS to work), as what should I install it?

As you can see, I am no expert when it comes to Active Directory, DHCP or RIS, just thought it would be pretty funky if I could get that right. Any help would be greatly appriciated. If you can just point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Fernando.