Multi-Boot With Win98

Alanoll

there's only one way to find out :)

I don't forsee any problems. the setups are like 2000 and XP's comparatively. Just different files being copied, but same routine.

but personally, I suggest using a 98 bootdisk then a ME. Never liked ME. Never had anything to do with it. Installed ONCE, and within the hour was back on 98. lol.

you are using a fixed drive? it's in the settings for the drive image that you create for the virtual machine. Not your actual harddrive.

If you are, you need to format at it. Partition and Format. A virtual machine is just like a normal one. You should use the same stuff you normally would.

I have been using VPC for a few weeks now & have not needed to format or partition the virtual fixed drive yet using any other os.

I looked in the initial setup & settings of vpc & not sure how to repartition the drive or change the file system?

umm.....

you don't partition or format in the VPC settings. Everytime you install XP, you most likely format. ME just requires you to do the formating priot to starting setup.

just use the DOS commands FDISK and FORMAT.

That's all you need to do. If you are using the first virtual OS that VPC created, then the virtual harddrive is dynamically allocated. I never liked that, so I changed it to fixed. You have to recreate the thing in the virtual machien properties while it's not on.

umm.....

you don't partition or format in the VPC settings. Everytime you install XP, you most likely format. ME just requires you to do the formating priot to starting setup.

just use the DOS commands FDISK and FORMAT.

That's all you need to do. If you are using the first virtual OS that VPC created, then the virtual harddrive is dynamically allocated. I never liked that, so I changed it to fixed. You have to recreate the thing in the virtual machien properties while it's not on.

Would that be the case on the final DVD also as far as ME were concerned?