InstallationFLY

CuBie

Sorry for being such a bother guys... hmm... i run my custom WinPE, starts it, copies the local i386 to HDD, copies the iFLY and cfg files (right folder structures) and the runtimes off VB6 to the local hard drive after have had run a diskpart script.... the script the tries to execute the iFLY appz but faults with an error off:

No hard disk drive

Sorry, but it appears that you don't have a HDD(hard Disk Drive) in your pc. A HDD is needed to store the temporary files for the program, without one the program cannot run. The program will now exit.

Also tried starting the app local to the CD and / HDD after verifying that files off the runtime and cfg files are in place....

I know that i am having a HDD in place... :) Any ideas?? ohh.. and i have verifyied that the files are all -R with attrib as they r copied from CD.

Is your HD formatted? If not use this Diskpart script and CMD.

Partition.txt

SEL DIS 0   CLEAN   CRE PAR PRI   ACT   ASSIGN LETTER C   Exit

Diskpart.cmd

ECHO.ECHO Launching Diskpart tool...ECHO.@ ECHO OFF%SYSTEMDRIVE%\I386\system32\Diskpart.exe /s %SYSTEMDRIVE%\SCRIPTS\partition.txtECHO.ECHO Now Formatting Partition...format C: /fs:ntfs /v:(MAIN_DRIVE)  /y

Ofcoarse modify then for your disk(s), and file structures.

Sorry for being such a bother guys... hmm... i run my custom WinPE, starts it, copies the local i386 to HDD, copies the iFLY and cfg files (right folder structures) and the runtimes off VB6 to the local hard drive after have had run a diskpart script.... the script the tries to execute the iFLY appz but faults with an error off:

No hard disk drive

Sorry, but it appears that you don't have a HDD(hard Disk Drive) in your pc. A HDD is needed to store the temporary files for the program, without one the program cannot run. The program will now exit.

Also tried starting the app local to the CD and / HDD after verifying that files off the runtime and cfg files are in place....

I know that i am having a HDD in place... :) Any ideas?? ohh.. and i have verifyied that the files are all -R with attrib as they r copied from CD.

If you do have a hd in your pc make sure it is C:, as if theres no C: drive it presumes theres no drives at all. I don't think that u can have your main drive as another letter than C:, but still - Check to make sure it is C:..

Chris.

I have formated it with NTFS and I have used diskpart to run the repartitioning... I assign it the letter C: from my diskpart script, and I know it (the HDD) works since i can copy the i386 folder and some other stuff over to the HDD..... but every time I try to access the appz I get the same message...

Dunno what it is...

Its easy! :rolleyes:

Download the Runtimes Here.. EXTRACT that EXE with winrar.. Dont install it.. Extract the EXE with winrar!

then youll have a load of files.. Delete the INF or INI and put them files in with the program - easy!

Chris.

Shouldn't I register the dll's that comes with the VB6 runtime from within the WinPE before running the application? or is it just n00b me that missed this part? :)

Its easy! :D

Download the Runtimes Here.. EXTRACT that EXE with winrar.. Dont install it.. Extract the EXE with winrar!

then youll have a load of files.. Delete the INF or INI and put them files in with the program - easy!

Chris.

Shouldn't I register the dll's that comes with the VB6 runtime from within the WinPE before running the application? or is it just n00b me that missed this part? :)

U don't need to register them if u have them in the same directory as the program its self. If the programs opens, it means you've done the dll's right.

Chris. :rolleyes:

I have formated it with NTFS and I have used diskpart to run the repartitioning... I assign it the letter C: from my diskpart script, and I know it (the HDD) works since i can copy the i386 folder and some other stuff over to the HDD..... but every time I try to access the appz I get the same message...

Dunno what it is...

Hmm, open a command prompt and check that windows pe regcognises the drive. type C: see if it opens. If it says "Invalid Drive Specification" windows pe isnt seeing your drive = bad.

Are you doing this from within Virtual PC - as my virtual pc's Windows PE dosent see my C: drive either.

Chris. :)

Oki, so I found out what was wrong.... when I ran my diskpart script i used the /v: switch and named the drive to WindowsXP. Then i got that error... ran i again without the switch, and i worked out great.

Oki, so I found out what was wrong.... when I ran my diskpart script i used the /v: switch and named the drive to WindowsXP. Then i got that error...  ran i again without the switch, and i worked out great.

ah good! :)

Chris.

• 4 weeks later...