lines 51 and 13 of winnt.sif invalid

I am getting an invalid error on line 13 at the startup it worked until I added:

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\000_chipset;Drivers\001_network;Drivers\002_raid\hpt3xx;Drivers\003_graphics;Drivers\004_sound;Drivers\005_modem"

can someone help me with the syntax error thanks sorry for being such a noob great site here.

;SetupMgrTag

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

UnattendSwitch="yes"

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

FileSystem=*

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\000_chipset;Drivers\001_network;Drivers\002_raid\hpt3xx;Drivers\003_graphics;Drivers\004_sound;Drivers\005_modem"

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=35

OemSkipWelcome=1

[userData]

ProductID=*****-*****-*****-*****-*****

FullName="Default"

OrgName=""

ComputerName=default

[branding]

BrandIEUsingUnattended=Yes

Home_Page=http://www.google.com

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[shell]

DefaultStartPanelOff = Yes

DefaultThemesOff = Yes

[GuiRunOnce]

%systemdrive%\install\start.cmd

I am getting an invalid error on line 51 at the startup looks like the [GUIRUNONCE]

can someone help me with the syntax error thanks sorry for being such a noob great site here.

;SetupMgrTag[Data]    AutoPartition=0    MsDosInitiated="0"    UnattendedInstall="Yes"
[unattended]UnattendMode=FullUnattendedOemSkipEula=YesOemPreinstall=YesUnattendSwitch="yes"TargetPath=\WINDOWSFileSystem=*        DriverSigningPolicy=IgnoreOemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\000_chipset;Drivers\001_network;Drivers\002_raid\hpt3xx;Drivers\003_graphics;Drivers\004_sound;Drivers\005_modem"    
[GuiUnattended]    AdminPassword=*    EncryptedAdminPassword=NO    OEMSkipRegional=1    TimeZone=35    OemSkipWelcome=1
[userData]    ProductID=*****-*****-*****-*****-*****    FullName="Default"    OrgName=""    ComputerName=default
[branding]BrandIEUsingUnattended=Yes
[url]Home_Page=http://www.google.com
[identification]    JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP
[Networking]    InstallDefaultComponents=Yes
[shell]DefaultStartPanelOff = YesDefaultThemesOff = Yes
[GuiRunOnce]%systemdrive%\install\start.cmd

you know, you didn't ahve to start two threads for the same file. Could have jsut said now I have an error at line 51 as well.

Also, remember to use CODE tags, it makes it alot prettier. I already edited your post.

Edit::

ahhh, that joys of READING THE MANUAL

Important

You must put each command line in quotation marks.

Try

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\000_chipset";"Drivers\001_network";"Drivers\002_raid\hpt3xx";"Drivers\003_graphics";"Drivers\004_sound";"Drivers\005_modem"

if you must. How I see it, the quotes are used to specify one path when spacing is present. So, if you must use quotes, use them around each specific path only and not all paths combined.

Also, as suggested earlier, you can do without quotes as none as the paths you've stated include spaces.

- stebie

He made a note that it only started occurring when he added the OemPnPDriversPath option.

I'm using FileSystem=* in my winnt.sif file and have no problems. However, I'm not using the OemPnPDriversPath option in mine.

I think the issue could be with both. Maybe it's expecting to use a file system that allows for semi-colons in path names (which doesn't exist), therefore reports an error at the first line out of FileSystem and OemPnPDriversPath?

Just an idea. The semi-colon is used as a separator for paths, so quoting the whole line is going to make it think the path is inclusive of those semi-colons.

Still working with FileSystem, try using

FileSystem=LeaveAlone

however, personally I don't think the issue is with FileSystem.

- stebie

stebie, you do know how OEMPnPDriversPath works right?

the ; seperates the paths in a registry key. Windows they goes through it recursivly scanning each directory, and assign %systemdrive% to the path up to each semicolon. The semicolon never gets included.

He could always try to take out DriverSigningPolicy, he was bound to include that at the same time as OEMPnpDriversPath