Bootable CD That use,Nero's Hard Drive Emulation

Does anyone know how you would set up A CD to use hard Drive

Emulation in Nero.

I am not quiet sure what to set these 2 Settings At, that are Under the Tab

Boot --> Expert Settings, In Nero New Compilation Wizard.

Load Segment Of Sector (Hex)

Number Of Loaded Sectors.

:rolleyes:

I have A 30mb (Fat 16) BootImage, I want to set as the Boot-Image.

Any Help, Thanks In Advance. :)

• 2 weeks later...

First off, your 30 MB file is not the boot image file. [That would be impossible]. When your computer starts up, the BIOS searches for a bootable partition. If one is found, the boot sector of that partition is read into memory at location 0000:7C00 (Yes, memory locations are always in hex).

[Each operating system has its own boot sector format. The small program in the boot sector must locate the first part of the operating system's kernel loader program and read it into memory.]

The load segment of sectors should always be set to 0x7c0 [in Nero], as this is where the boot sector is stored once it's been copied into memory.

The number of loaded sectors specifies the number of 512-byte sectors to be loaded from the boot image. Essentially, 01 specifies a 1.2 MB floppy disk image (512-byte boot image), 02 specifies a 1.44 MB floppy disk image (1024-byte boot image), 03 specifies a 2.88 MB floppy disk image (a 1536-byte boot image), and 04 specifies a hard disk drive image (a 2048-byte boot image).

Do not confuse the number of loaded sectors with the emulation type being used. They are not the same!

Check the size of your image file (which you select on the Boot tab of the New Compilation window in Nero), and specify the number of sectors to be loaded according to the number of bytes it contains. Most likely it'll be 2048-bytes, so set the number of loaded sectors to 04 in Nero. =]

If you do not have the correct boot image file (which cannot be more than 2048-bytes), I suggest you run a search on Google for more information on how to obtain, or make one, for whatever operating system you're trying to boot from CD.

Hope this helps.