XP office + slipstreaming reg-key

Helleuw all,

I've been quite busy lately, i need to show u ppl this in order to be sure that i described the following process right...

I'm installing XP office pro on workstations with the help of policy's in the Active directory 2003 (assigned to install on logon...)

When the pro.msi is called upon by the workstation does automatically look if there's a transform file in the same directory as where the pro.msi is?

Well here's my mini-mini-guide so far...

• 1. make an admin-installation of XP office (which includes the reg-key) e:\setuppro /a;
  • 2. Share the directory in which u've installed Office XP;
  • 3. Create a mapping to the share, locally on the server;
  • 4. Create a policy in which u assign office XP to usergroups (policy is created in an OU= Organisational Unit), U should assign the pro.msi from the mapping u've created;
  • 5. Use ORK (office recource kit) to create an transform file (is it needed?);
  • 6. Start the client, and log on with a username which is in the specified usergroup where the policy applies to.

badabing, u've got a client with XP office pro installed !!!

one short question...

If and when there is already an installation of f.i. Office 2000 on the machine...

Is it possible to automaticaly uninstall it, or do i have to write a script which executes the uninstall sequence...