Locked Out of Windows ! URGENT**

bill

Hi - PLEASE PLEASE help...

I have done some work on a laptop for someone, in doing that i added them to our domain. I finished the work (patches + updates from windows.update) and then put the laptop back into a WORKGROUP.

NOW i CANT LOGIN! Aaaahhhh!

No account will login, and i cant get past the Ctrl Alt + Del screen.

Any gurus out there or anyone with the 'correct' software that wont kill this pooor persons laptop ???

Many thanks - I appreciate any help anyone can give.

Bill

That is the point...

I dont know..or cant find the admin password.

I need to log on locally to the computer because there is no domain to log onto now.

I need a way of bypassing/overriding or generally getting past the login screen without a password - I have heard tell that it can be done...

Cheers for atleast posting though - Thanks.

Hello bill,

So basically you joined that machine to ur domain and then you used the username and password you gave ..???

now when u set it back to the workgroup it won't login to the passsword it had ...

well, i searched on google with the string lost xp admin password and found this...

hope it works for u

rename the sam file in x:\winnt\system32\config

you need the press f8 during startup and and go in console mode

Just rename the SAM file to whatever u feel like and it will let u in through safe mode or may be in normal mode as well and then u can reset admin password.

the link i got it from is ...

http://www.duxcw.com/yabbse/index.php?boar...y;threadid=6492

Thanks and regards

Do Let us know, if this worked for u...

Best of Luck :)

Hello enufsaid,

How wud we use Linux boot flap??? would be greatful if u can send one to me :)

and if you can let us know all about the procedure on how to use it?

Thanks and regards..

Mutahir

this is what theyre talking about, it boots into a basic linux kernel and from there you can edit the registry or change the password for any account. dont worry about your system ive used it at work for tonnes of clients who forgot their nt/2k/xp passwords and it works every time. Click Here

this is what theyre talking about, it boots into a basic linux kernel and from there you can edit the registry or change the password for any account. dont worry about your system ive used it at work for tonnes of clients who forgot their nt/2k/xp passwords and it works every time. Click Here

**** it! Everyone's beating me to everything today! :)

That utility works great. Be sure to CLEAR or BLANK the password using this or else it will corrupt the SAM file. Trust me on this one, I have used it many times on one of my machines (to see how it worked). Blanking then logging into Windows and resetting the password using the "User Accounts" option in Windows XP works best! :rolleyes: