Firewall&Antivirus

Shadow_Fi

I believe that Norton Internet Security Suite in my opinion of course, is a powerful Anti Virus and Internet Security Tool. However Mc Affe and cheaper but as equal

Panda is a good internet security app, however as a student programmer I have found that there are quite a few flaws in its security. As Panda is still evolving. A long wait for that, I'm afraid. :)

I hope this can help

:rolleyes:

A response to the ones telling him search:

I think asking him to search is not too helpful in my opinion.

AnthonyRomesh :D

Shadow Fi...I've been using Norton Internet Security for some time in addition to a Linksys router and perhaps 6-8 spyware, keylogger, anti-theft type software and don't even have as much as a pop-up or malicious script warning anymore. Just my system-may not be as good on yours as there are many alternatives. I've had Norton from the beginning and I'm more accustomed to it's quirks that the rest. Zone Alarm is good as well, however; I'd suggest the router with whatever you may have. With 'always on' cable, you can't do without a good firewall (software and hardware). By the way, Outpost is good but, I'd prefer Norton over Panda.

A response to the ones telling him search:

I think asking him to search is not too helpful in my opinion.

I agree, Anthony. What good does it do to seek help on a forum...computer, chat or whatever, if you're not going to get any help. You could spend a long time searching for questions/answers like this. Ir's like going into Google and typing in "Music"...good luck in finding within a day what you're searching for. :)

post-34-1084040242_thumb.gif

post-34-1084040242_thumb.gif

In response to everyone who doesn't agree with me and my search button routine, but if you do a search for this you will 3 pages of firewall/software related information, from peoples opinions(which is being asked for here) and the info on what OS's they work, also you will more than likely find the silent install switches to add to your Unattended disc. Anyhow no harm meant, good luck.

:)i work in a IT department and troubleshoot from 250-300 computers I used Norton and MCafee. i found out that both antivirus don't really do anything but slow down computer. i did some testing with an Antivirus program called Etrust EZantivirus a very small program that don't use up CPU speed and works like a charm. aslo found some viruses on some computers that Norton and MCafee didn't detect like Win32/jeefo.a, Sasser.b, Netsky.p, lovgate.ab and a few others.

if you are a MCafee and Norton user and do a full system scan and shows that your are clean, don't believe that!. i use etrust antivirus found most system infected and clean

CA COMPUTER ASSOCIATES

http://www.my-etrust.com/index.cfm try it out 30 day free trial that works