How to edit msi files / create mst files

I have a problems with a few programs that I do want to do a silent install of.

these programs consist of multiple separate programs, like with paint shop pro you have paint shop pro and animation shop. During the installation you can choose what you want to install, but if you do a silent install everything is installed.

To change this I tried to modify the msi file with MaSaI edito and microsft orca, but whenever I changed something I did get a corrupt msi file. I also tried to create a mst file, but that din't seem to do anything.

Is there anyone who could give a little axplanation about modyfing msi files, or creating mst files? and wich software to use?

thanks for your answer. Unfortunatly I can't get wininstall le installed because it keeps complaining about my email (even if I try tu use other email adresses)

I did just make a mst file with the ms office custom installatien wizard. This program is written to customize the office msi, but it seems to work with the paint shop pro msi too :)

are there any other programs that are capable of creating mst files?

Unfortunatly I can't get wininstall le installed because it keeps complaining about my email (even if I try tu use other email adresses)

Extract the msi and install it silent :)

Unfortunatly I can't get wininstall le installed because it keeps complaining about my email (even if I try tu use other email adresses)

disconect your Inet conection and install!!!

I had the same prob first time :)

OR

When you reach the "Registration Information" screen, uncheck the box "Sign me up for a free copy ...". Then, type any crazy email address. I swear, this one works: I_Hate_MST@Files.Forever

Then, put your mouse pointer in any other field, so that the "Next" button is activated.

When you reach the "Installation share options" screen, you don't have to type anything. Just, hit "Next"!