Folder Ý (Y Accent Aigu)

I remember reading something about this but I can't find that post anymore...

I get a Ý (Y with an accent) folder with nothing in it at the root of my C:\ Drive. :rolleyes:

I could solve this problem by deleting the folder with my cleanup.cmd (I'll need to figure how to write this caracter in DOS)

but I would like to know what is causing this?

ANY LUCK? :)

Apple Quicktime I believe is the culprit.

as for writing it in DOS, open up a command prompt, type EDIT, and then in the editor that opens, open your cleanup.cmd and type in the charracter there.

Hmm. Not sure about that. It could be the particular font you are using in the dos window. You can enable quick edit mode in your DOS window. With a DOS window open, right click on the icon in the upper left corner, select properties, select the 'options' tab. Then check quick edit mode under edit options. You may have to select 'Lucida console' from the 'Fonts' tab for those characters to be seen.

Cheers,

EDIT: I forgot to mention that enabling 'quick edit mode' allows you to cut and paste in the dos window.

Wait, IT WORKS.  :rolleyes:

By using command.com and changing to Quick Edit Mode

I was able to cut (Lucida Font) and paste in the DOS windows (lucida font also)

THANKS!  :)

Great! Glad you got it to work. Not sure why you had to use command.com. Oh well. You solved your problem, that's all that counts. :D

Cheers,