DVD multiboot

FFA

hey all...

my project is that multiboot DVD and i have maked my dos boot screen with cdshell with this guide http://flyakite.msfnhosting.com/bootmenu.htm and i have make that cdshell.inf file and i have run the boot screen with cdshell.exe but how do i know if it worked in the cdshell.exe when i'm runing cdshell.exe my menu comes and i can jump around in the menu then i take windows xp there come this error it says "File Not Found" about a chain.

remember i'm running my bootscreen with cdshell.exe not from dos :)

should i make a ISO file and try it with vmware

some one there can help me here :rolleyes:

if you get a File Not Found.....

are you using \'s?

i believe those give you the root of the drive. IF you plan on your files BEING in the root of the CD (not in a folder) then you'll be fine. If they are not meant to be....you may want to fix that.

Most commands in cdshell like boot or chain, if the file is found and everything is good, will give you a Command Can Not Execute or something.

VMware would be a good place to try it. you may just want to have the CDShell stuff in the image (same structure and what not) but move the bulk of the files (like XP and whatever else you install) in a different directory (not in the one your using for the ISO) so it doesn't take long between each tests of the menu.

my problem is my menu works fine when i'm jumping around in the menu in cdshell.exe but when i for example try to install windows xp it says file not found and i have followed that guide corectly

when trying to "install" Windows, are you trying to use the menu from within indows via running CDShell.exe?

if you have chain \winxp.dat then winxp.dat should be at the root of your drive. If you just have chain winxp.dat then it needs to be in the CDShell folder.

ok that winxp.dat is here PRO1.dat but the command are in cdshell.ini

this one:

XP_Pro_Key:

getkey 20 goto menu

if $lastKey == key[1]; then chain /PRO1.DAT

if $lastKey == key[2]; then chain /PRO2.DAT

if $lastKey == key[F1]; then goto Help

now i have tryed to put that PRO1.dat in the same folder but cdshell.exe still say file not found i don't understand it i can not se somthing wrong with my commands

/ should only be used to seperate folder and file.

either remove the / and put pro1.dat in the BOOT folder, or make the / a \ and put the pro1.dat in the root of your structure (wher win51 and what not are)

i have put the pro1.dat file in the boot folder and remove the / and now it says "Command not availble in script debugger" do you think it works know?

But do it make eny difrennt if the dat files are in the BOOT folder because in the guide it says the dat files should be in AIODVD folder i have maked.?:)

i have maked a ISO file and tested in vmware when i will boot from PRO.dat file it says "Can Not Boot From The Cdrom drive" what do i do wrong :)