Cutting Side Panel.

Lezend

ill be fixing the nuts to the inside of the case with epoxy, then holding the perspex over the door and marking where the nuts are.

after that its onto the bench drill to make recess holes so the perspex goes over the nuts, then small holes for the bolts.

ill post piccies when i do it :)

very nice job lezend, how about some of that thin silver trim? like on the case pictue i posted. might look nice, or maybe greensih if you can find it, to match the front door on the case....

FthrJACK I don't like the shim cover on either one. They don't look professional for some reason.

XPerties I like your case. Its the Lian Li right? That was my second choice for case. But, I went for coolermaster anyway :) Love the mod you did. Can't wait for my cold cathode to come. Is your front (first slot) controller for the cold cathode light? What is that switch for? I see you went with the window kits online. How is that? I didn't like the black rubberish look.

Thanks guys for the input. Lets me know what need to change. Thanks again.

XPerties  I like your case.  Its the Lian Li right?  That was my second choice for case.  But, I went for coolermaster anyway :)  Love the mod you did.  Can't wait for my cold cathode to come.  Is your front (first slot) controller for the cold cathode light?  What is that switch for?  I see you went with the window kits online.  How is that?  I didn't like the black rubberish look.

Thanks guys for the input.  Lets me know what need to change.  Thanks again.

MSNwar- yes, its a blowhole on top ...120mm fan that sucks the s*** out of the hot air pulling it out.

Lezend- the red switch in my first bay actually controls the 120mm blowhole fan. My case use to be under my desk and when I had the fan on it would freeze my a** off so I put it in to be able to turn the fan off when I wanted to, also makes in quiter when its on at night time. Yes its the Lian Li pc60 case and I also got all my stuff at pcmods. Ive bought stuff from them for years. The neon light is the same one you ordered from them. Very happy with it, small and doesnt put any heat off when its on. The light switch is next to the window. The black switch. I actually like the black rubberish look. Doesnt bother me. The case with all of the 2 fans in front 2 in rear and one on top adds a extreme amount of cooling and lightness for carring it around when I stop at a friends house to hook up and fix there pc.

-Xperties

Are those intake filter any good? I don't have them. It get dirty every month, but I also clean them up on monthly basic.

I heard they are insulation to heat.

What is your computer temp? What type?

well Im running a thermoengine with a 7200rpm fan on my CPU. I was running a pent III 1 gig OC to 1200 and it never went over 34c. Im running a AMD t-bird 1400 OC to 1550 now and its never gone over 37 which is great for a amd. Also my MB has never risen over 30c. Its usually always 28c.

I also have a blueorb fan on the chipset on the motherboard and replaced the s***ty fan on the vid card with another blueorb.

The filters never made a difference on the heat being high or lower on the pent or the amd. But Il tell you what those filters sure keep the case cleaner than s***. I normally use to open my case up every 2 weeks and clean it. Now Ive done it 2 times and Ive had it for about 7 months. I clean the filters every week tho. They get dirty fast but alot easier to clean then inside the case.

-XPerties

• 1 month later...

I am getting it. I love it too.

Oh man 7200RPM much be very loud... I leave my computer on 24/7 and all 4 fans running at 3000 rpm is already fill the room with noises. My friend got a dragon orb and when he bring his computer over to my house. Its like he turning on a vaccuum when his comp is on... too loud for me.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
... s***ty ...

Can he say that? :) Oh my virgin eyes.

Anyway, I have to cut a window on top of my case for the power supply fan. I am going to use a pair of the nibble cutters and finish it off with a dremel. That should give it a clean look. I also have a roto-zip and a Makita sawzall. Maybe I should try those. Any recommendations between these? :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I did do a window cut, but it was on the top of the case. Used a jigsaw and a file! Bought a cheap window mod which I now regret as comes with that horrid black rubber, seen severl much better ones with metal that you can put on the edges if you can't be bothered to sand them yourself! Any way it was my first mod and wasn't planned and stuff just got bunged together so it gives it a retro look!

The side panel I just had a piece of plastic cut for the whole side, they could also cut in fan holes and whatever stuff I could've wanted! I quite like it as it's the whole side:

case1.jpg

case2.jpg

case3.jpg

Can you spot the theme :P Cables could do with tidying again!

I also painted the drive bays and the front black, never got round to the top!

Also painted a 92mm fan from the Zalman flower UV Green but when I swapped over motherboards I couldn't be bothered to move it so just stuck with a volcano 11 with different fan!