Cutting Side Panel.

Lezend

I like to cut a nice and clean windows in my ATC 210 for the transparent windows case.

I heard that most use dremel cutter. After browsing around, there are like 100 different types of cutting. Which one do you use for cutting aluminum?

I want a nice and clean edges no jagged.

If you have mod your case, please assist a newbie.

I feel like a complete fool, i know exactly what I want. But I don't know where to start and what to ask. Please be patience with me.

u might find drilling a hole where the window will be and using a fine toothed jigsaw cutter easier than a dremel

do not run your finger over the cut edge!!

make sure you file the burr off before you work further on it or you will get a very very nasty cut :)

user posted imageuser posted image

I am tired of all the ugly windows kit that everyone had or the only one that all the custom windows kit sell right now. I am creating my own windows the way I like. This is half the way done. No light so I have to finish it tomorrow. Wait until I put the persplex in.

Fthr is going to orgasm when he sees this :)

Lately, I have been holding the edges of my seat awaiting Lezend's posts. I just love this stuff. :rolleyes:

Fthr or AAron, remember the site where the guy worked on hard drives with a sledge hammer, etc.? Do you remember the URL please?

i dont like kits with big rubber edges either, ugly, much easier to make your own, and no need to cut the perspex! doing it the way you are by the look you will only have to trim it a bit, or leave it the size of the case panel and it will help keep noise down :)

im doing something similar on here, but no screws will be visible from outside. internal fixings using standoffs.

these might suit your case lezend:

c2.jpgf7.jpg

heres kinda what my case will look like when done, but ill use UV light and Blue:

ccmblackfrontsmall.jpg

your case is going to own, looks good already :rolleyes:

MSNwar.. theres also the guy who uses shotguns to "upgrade" computers....

FthrJACK: I have those Aluminum Bezel. But I don't like it. Matter of facts, I installed on my case, then I took it out. It doesn't look that good. Thanks though.

I was going to do screwless, but the other option is glue and I am not very font to super glue.

Your case will be sweet. The curve will be a pain in the butt to cut. (I personally ran through 4 cutting disks. One each side, they worn out so fast!)

Here is some more pics after the installation. My cold cathodes didn't come home yet. UPS takes 3 days. I bought them from http://www.pcmods.com . I will add some more pictures after I install the cathodes (blue).

Case | Screws

I love steel screws so I ran to RadioShack near by and grab some. I checked Home Depot all they have for small machinery is in zinc.

Here is the perspex.

Here is what it look on the case. The light hasn't come yet. So I can't tell if it look good or not.

user posted image

Sorry for the long post. The process was very enoyable. I encourage people to do they own. It isn't hard at all. More to come...

Thank you everyone.