Nero VisionExpress

I use a autoit3 script for this, it works simple:

start %CDROM%\Programme\Nero\nve21218.exe /SILENT /NOREBOOT
start /wait %CDROM%\Programme\sleep.exe /65
start /wait %CDROM%\Programme\Nero\nve.exe

nve.exe (nve.au3):

AutoItSetOption("MouseCoordMode", 0)

winwait("NeroVision Express Installations-Assistent")
MouseClick("left", 70, 187, 1)
; Alle Datei-Assoziationen deaktivieren; muss jeder selbst anpassen
For $i = 1 to 12 Step 1
send("{Space}")
Next
; Fertig stellen
controlclick("NeroVision Express Installations-Assistent", "", "Button2", "Weiter >")

gai-jin: I'll try your suggestion. I guess I just didn't take it with that approach. Sometimes I tend to forget I can tweak the heck outta stuff with the registry. My brain doesn't always realize alternate approaches to the problem, also I guess because nobody else had mentioned the problem.

The only thing that might be tough is finding all the necessary registry keys. Although, I bet if I uninstall NVE on my personal pc, reinstall with Ad-Watch enabled...I could easily get a list of what reg. settings it modifies.

If worse comes to worse, I'll just use a taskkill, I guess, to terminate the nve2xxx install exe. I bet it is hanging because eventhough I told it /nolicence, it is still looking for a response to it's dialog.

I sure hope reg settings prevent it from trying to use that last screen...oh I could kill Ahead for this though.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the key to this problem of it hanging for input (asking for file associations)

Would be to find the relevent registry key and put them in to regtweeks.reg

so they are in place before NVE is set up this should work if I can find them in my registry! been looking for the last 3 hours now!

I presume this will work as NVE pull the serial number from the reg as i install nero first with the serial!!

Any one willing to help find the entry's in the resitry for NVE file associations!!

Hey all. I would like to start off by saying hi, and that this is my first posting.

Now, for the topic at hand.

I also have been fighting with this and with my audigy gamer drivers, but I am tracking down what is needed in order to make this a silent install. here is what I found out.....

1) if you try a silent install even after it is already installed, it runs flawlessly.

2) when you uninstall it and run the unattended install, it hangs again at the file types, so we now know that it is infact a reg setting issue we are dealing with.

I have used wininstall LE to watch the install and found a registry listing about a mile long. I am gonna attempt to shorten it up to the "bare-bones" to try to make it:

1) universal for all users

2) only contains what is needed to make this install unatted, nothing more or less.

I will let you know how I am progressing with this....

• 3 weeks later...
the newest NVE has fixed the file associations problem with silent installation...I just tested and everything went smoothly (kept taskmgr open cuz I wasnt sure it was gonna work, but sure enough, setup.exe ended, then NVE21221.exe ended)

can anyone confirm this?

the newest NVE has fixed the file associations problem with silent installation...I just tested and everything went smoothly (kept taskmgr open cuz I wasnt sure it was gonna work, but sure enough, setup.exe ended, then NVE21221.exe ended)

can anyone confirm this?

I can confirm it, using nve21221.exe there is no screen popping up after the install asking to confirm file associations. They are all enabled by default now.

I don't know if this will change as of Monday when Nero 6.6 and NVE 3.0 are released.