Nero VisionExpress

I've been successfully installing Nero VisionExpress using the following command:

start /wait Install\Nero\nve.exe /SN=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /WRITE_SN /SILENT /NOREBOOT

However, the latest version on Ahead's download page, dated April 30, 2004, stops during the install to display a file associations selection screen.

Running Setup.exe /HELP does not provide a switch to bypass this screen. I tried the /NO_GU switch, and it does suppress the install screens, but the setup program still stops and waits for input...only now you can't see the screen to enter the input.

Has anyone found a solution or workaround short of AutoIt or equivalent??

Thanks

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the switches available - It doesn't look like you can bypass it, which is a bit of a bummer.

Hopefully someone will tell me I'm wrong. Anyway going to email Ahead and ask if its possible, and to request it in an update if it's not.

• 2 weeks later...

I think i'd find a temporal solution that works for me.

Consists in replace setup.exe and setup.cfg with the ones of nve2120, but for this you need to uncompress them with Winrar, the replace the files.

For a silent install the command is setup.exe /silent /noreboot

hope this helps

• 1 month later...
I think i'd find a temporal solution that works for me.

Consists in replace setup.exe and setup.cfg with the ones of nve2120, but for this you need to uncompress them with Winrar, the replace the files.

For a silent install the command is setup.exe /silent /noreboot

hope this helps

This solution worked until Nero came out with a new version of the Nero Vision Express patch. The new version is nve21216.

Any ideas?

Of course there isn't a gui showing up - but the Setup.exe still is in memory and running.

Of course you can use pskill to exit setup after 3 minutes, that works.

I try to make a vb-Script wich finishs the dialog silently.

• 1 month later...

I ALMOST got everything working with what Joe User 99 posted...

Setup.exe /SILENT /NO_UI /SN=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /WRITE_SN /NOLICENCE /NOREBOOT

The problem is, the install locks up! I waited minutes one time, it never finishes responding. I end up having to reboot the computer, and it picks up and starts installing the next program. Or, I can CTRL+ALT+DEL and kill nve21212.exe and it will keep installing my other stuff. Either way this is annoying though, and not very much "unattended"!

What's weirder, is installing NVE with these switches on my regular computer, works! But everytime I try it on a new pc, it never fails to hang.

Most likely, it works on your PC because the file associations are already set.

Hmm... What if, before installing NVE, you import reg keys or a settings file (wherever that's stored), then NVE setup wouldn't have to ask for associations.