Creative PC-DVD

I got a Creaative PC-DVD rom drive and cannot figure out how to install it. It is the 6X version. I pluged it into the ide cable as the slave and i pluged it into the pwersupply and it acted like it wasn't getting power, but when i unplug the IDE cable, it gets power and the light turns on, what is going on here? THe ide cable i pluged ut unto is also connected to the HDD and Floppy.

heh i think u're confusing the power cable with the ide cable

ide cable cannot go to the hdd and the floppy at the same time

there is a smaller pin cable for floppy

where as the new hdd's use 80 and cdrom's use 40pin.

its not likely that u're going to hook an ide cable to the floppy

grab the cable coming from the power supply (should be in red/yellow/black) plug it to the dvd-rom, that would be the power cable

then plug the ide cable (usually grey) to the dvdrom. the usually have pins so that u don't plug it upside down. if it doesn't have it place it so that the pink side of that cable is on the right side...

hope that helps.....

u cannot plug the power cord wrong unless u try very very hard. so try flipping the ide cable that goes to the dvd-rom..

not to sound rude or anything, but im no computer novice. I can tell the difference between a power cable and a IDE cable. But anyway, mabi it was the wrong cable. Im pretty sure i was plugging in the right cables.

not to sound rude or anything, but im no computer novice. I can tell the difference between a power cable and a IDE cable. But anyway, mabi it was the wrong cable. Im pretty sure i was plugging in the right cables.

On the IDE cable that you were connecting to the DVD drive, is this the primary or secondary IDE cable? And what is connected to the MASTER plug? :)