Switches for Kaspersky 5 & key

Sield

• 1 month later...

It seems Kaspersky Personal Pro is only at v5.0.12 and apparantely the /S nor /s switch work for this, atleast it does not work for me. How come the Personal Pro version is behind in version numbers and also how come the silent install switch does not work with it? What am I to do? :(

• 2 months later...

Hmm, everyone is saying something about kav.exe, but i got the kav personal demo with kav.key. The demo installer extracts the following files to C:/Kav/Personal5.0/English:

• 0007E6F5.key
  • kav5.0.227_personalen.exe
  • release_notes.htm
  • And the dir "doc" with a pdf inside.

do i need to install it using the kav5.0.227_personalen.exe /S?

huh I don't understand all these problems...

I download (from 'product downloads') Kav Personal, place it in the folder:

XPCD\InstallApps\antivirus\kav.exe

and also place the .key file there:

XPCD\InstallApps\antivirus\kav.key

Now just use /s switch (or /S dunnow)... Kav will automatically use the key(s) located in the same dir as the installer! It works for me like this since the first 5.0 version... Kav is one of the easiest silent installations!

PS: the .key file doesn't have to be renamed to 'kav.key' or something... any name will do as long as it has the correct extension and is a correct key.

huh I don't understand all these problems...

I download (from 'product downloads')  Kav Personal, place it in the folder:

XPCD\InstallApps\antivirus\kav.exe

and also place the .key file there:

XPCD\InstallApps\antivirus\kav.key

Now just use /s switch (or /S dunnow)... Kav will automatically use the key(s) located in the same dir as the installer! It works for me like this since the first 5.0 version... Kav is one of the easiest silent installations!

PS: the .key file doesn't have to be renamed to 'kav.key' or something... any name will do as long as it has the correct extension and is a correct key.

Look, i downloaded the kav5.0trial_personalen.exe from here and then that file askes you where to extract it, default is C:/kav and he runs the installer from there. So my question is, wich one do you use? the kav5.0trial_personalen.exe or the extracted installer from the C:/kav dir?

OHH!

No I don't download trial version!

download from here:

http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates

:thumbup

place your .key file in the same dir as the downloaded "kav5.0.227_personalen.exe"

and run it from there using /s (or /S)

Works PERFECTLY!

(If you don't have a key... it will install but will ask (after a reboot I think) for a key file otherwise antivirus will be disabled untill you specify a keyfile...)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...