Adding permissions to a Registry Key

klepeska

Hello,

I am somewhat of a newbie, but I need help adding permissions to a registry key. I know you can right-click and select permissions inside the Registry, but I was wondering how to add permissions by creating a .reg file and updating it that way.

I was trying to use information off of JSI Faq but I was unsuccessful.

I am trying to create an automated DVD install of Windows XP and I would like to include Easy Media Creator 7. Unfortunately, I'm getting a error not allowing me to install it. Go here for more info: Roxio - Help Forums suggested to add Full Control permissions to the Roxio folder in the Registry. Now my question to all of you, is how do I do this in an automate kind of way?

Here's my line of thought to install this bad boy

1. Add registry entries to allow everyone Full Control

2. Install Easy Media Creator 7

3. Install EMC 7 update

4. Update with Cert tool (if needed)

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

You can do it with subinacl.exe says XP Pro but i do it with Home also http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

heres example

subinacl /subkeyreg "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework" /setowner=administrators

Results:::

SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework : builtin\administrators is the new owner
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework : 1 change(s)
SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy : builtin\administrators is the new owner
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy : 1 change(s)
SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\standards : builtin\administrators is the new owner
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\standards : 1 change(s)
SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\standards\Standard CLI 2002 : builtin\administrators is the new owner
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\standards\Standard CLI 2002 : 1 change(s)
SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\standards\v1.0.0 : builtin\administrators is the new owner
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\standards\v1.0.0 : 1 change(s)
SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\Upgrades : builtin\administrators is the new owner
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\Upgrades : 1 change(s)
SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\v1.1 : builtin\administrators is the new owner
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\v1.1 : 1 change(s)

Elapsed Time: 00 00:00:00
Done:        7, Modified        7, Failed        0, Syntax errors        0
Last Done  : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\v1.1
Edited by maxXPsoft