7 minutes ago, Dixel said:

That ID serves several purposes, the first one is tracking and helping police to investigate and build a case against you,

As i understand it, there's a secondary purpose -- it's also used as encryption key. BTW, you got me doubting the whole passwords/cookies thing worked, so triple-checked -- just moved the folder to a different box, and everything works -- exactly where i left off, logged into all the sites i was logged into. I doubt Thorium is doing anything other Chromium forks don't, but could you try & see if it works for you?

But in the end, death is the only just thing in this world. Every corrupt scum will eventually succumb to it.

I just got rid of both Supermium and Thorium on my system. How's that for resisting trends? :P

33 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

I just got rid of both Supermium and Thorium on my system. How's that for resisting trends?

Same here!

But you and I <insert classifier here that would only upset the XP Crowd> are both on Win10.

ie, we have ZERO use for not only Supermium or Thorium, but also, technically, NONE of the other "offerings" here at MSFN.

"To each their own."

1 hour ago, UCyborg said:

I just got rid of both Supermium and Thorium on my system. How's that for resisting trends? :P

What trends? I think there are no real trends. Many here are quite volatile, rather wavering. :P Spoken for me only, I will continue to observe the development of Thorium. It runs quite well on my old box except for media playback. But New Moon 28 remains my main browser there and finally again Mypal 68 in version 68.14.2b, which runs really well now. And on the subject of dying, personally, I am a genuine Windows XP die-hard fan:P I'll probably always be one, come what may. smilie_denk_24.gif

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Same here!

But you and I <insert classifier here that would only upset the XP Crowd> are both on Win10.

ie, we have ZERO use for not only Supermium or Thorium, but also, technically, NONE of the other "offerings" here at MSFN.

"To each their own."

And we have ZERO interest of reading spammy, off-topic posts like this, here at MSFN.

Stay on topic please guys.

FWIW, I use Thorium (and maintain an interest in Supermium too) simply because I want a reasonably up-to-date browser that works on XP.
I would never use either of them on Windows 10 as I can use current mainstream browsers there.

As far as I'm concerned, the main advantage of using Thorium (apart from the fact that it works on XP!) is that it supports Google Sync.
That replaces what I lost when I had to abandon Firefox on XP, where I used to sync with Firefox on Windows 10 and my Android phone.

I can now sync Thorium and Supermium with Google Chrome on Windows 10, and this has sadly made me abandon Firefox as my default browser on my desktop after many many years.
The one fly in the ointment is that Google Chrome on Android does not allow extensions, so I can't have an ad blocker there.
That makes it unusable as far as I'm concerned, so I've had to stick with Firefox (with uBlock) on my phone.
(I know there are a couple of Chrome browsers for Android which do allow extensions, but none of them support Google Sync.)
:)

It's nice to have some options...

Thinkpad A31
P4 Mobile 1.6 GHz
1.2 GB DDR RAM
ATI Radeon 7500 16 MB
HITACHI DK23DA 30 GB 4200 RPM

xpoptions.jpg

It seems legacy Thorium has some stuff from Supermium that modern Thorium lacks, I noticed modern Thorium doesn't have the option to disable rendering of custom title bar on Windows 10+.

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

What trends? I think there are no real trends.

No idea TBH, I was just curious about what people actually do on their computers and @chermany4ever brought up rebelling against trends.

Nothing reasonates with me, not a big fan of anything or anyone. Existential crisis sucks. Maybe that's one of the reasons some people start drinking or taking drugs.

1 hour ago, Dave-H said:

The one fly in the ointment is that Google Chrome on Android does not allow extensions, so I can't have an ad blocker there.

Although off-topic, you are right regarding Chrome on Android. But the original Chrome browser is totally crappy. You are bombarded with advertising rubbish. :thumbdown I never use this browser under Android:no: You should rather use the Chrome based variant Kiwi which supports extensions. I have installed uBlock Origin there, and it works fine. :) Bye, bye ads! :hello:

Rather hypocritically staying off-topic, I did look at Kiwi, but the lack of any sync facility means it doesn't have any advantage over Firefox for me on my phone, and Firefox at least still syncs with the Firefox which I still have installed on Windows 10, even though it's no longer my default browser.

3 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Rather hypocritically staying off-topic, I did look at Kiwi, but the lack of any sync facility means it doesn't have any advantage over Firefox for me on my phone, and Firefox at least still syncs with the Firefox which I still have installed on Windows 10, even though it's no longer my default browser.

Or use network filtering of a secure DNS + a browser such as Opera for cosmetic filtering done with native trackers/ads blocking.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Ok. I do not use any sync features. As far as I know, Google has restricted its sync feature and excluded Chromium Browser. This means that synchronisation should actually no longer be possible in the Chromium browsers Supermium and Thorium, either. Is it really possible there in these days? :dubbio: In any case, there is not a single feature that would make me use a browser like Google Chrome that fills me up with adverts from start to finish. :no:

Edited by AstroSkipper

Sync works perfectly on Thorium and Supermium for me, and they sync quite happily with the 'official' Google Chrome which I now have on Windows 10.
I was always sorry that it wasn't there on 360Chrome.
Anyway, back on topic now!
:yes: