37 minutes ago, chermany4ever said:

I wanted to ask if you could help me with the solution for Google Drive. I was able to get where the mobile user agent is edited and using one called 'Firefox Mac' was able to get into Drive avoiding the crash, able to see what it looks like in mobile format. But I don't know how to save it. Closed everything thinking it was done and then the Default one came back. Also wondering if there's a way to use it just for Drive or if I'll have to view all pages in mobile format. :unsure:

The best way to manage your user agent is the extension UserAgent-Switcher and Manager which I recommend and use myself. You can get it here: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/user-agent-switcher-and-m/bhchdcejhohfmigjafbampogmaanbfkg You can use this extension in different modes.
One is the Black-List Mode: Apply the custom user-agent string to all tabs except the tabs with the following top-level hostnames (comma-separated list of hostnames). Note that even if a window-based user-agent string is set from the toolbar popup, your browser's default user-agent string is used.
Another is the White-List Mode: Only apply the custom user-agent string to the tabs with following top-level hostnames. Note that if a window-based user-agent string is set from the toolbar popup, this user-agent will overwrite the global one.
The mode that corresponds to your desires is the White-List Mode. Just enter there the domain of Google Drive. Here is a screenshot:

User-Agent-Switcher-and-Manager-Options.

And here is the toolbar pop-up window where you enter the mobile user agent string:

User-Agent-Switcher-and-Manager-Popup.pn

Greetings from Germany, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

I have not tested that one in ages.  I do know that not all User Agent extensions really work.  There are SEVERAL ways that web sites can detect your User Agent.  JavaScript, HTML Header, ClientHint, et cetera.

Some extensions can spoof the HTML Header but do NOTHING for ClientHint.  Et cetera.

5 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I have not tested that one in ages.  I do know that not all User Agent extensions really work.  There are SEVERAL ways that web sites can detect your User Agent.  JavaScript, HTML Header, ClientHint, et cetera.

Some extensions can spoof the HTML Header but do NOTHING for ClientHint.  Et cetera.

The extension UserAgent-Switcher and Manager is the best of all I have tested. It simply works. And that is enough for me. :P

On 5/29/2024 at 11:36 AM, AstroSkipper said:

Just a small note. Due to the circumstance that the hardware acceleration does not work properly on my old machine, I have reverted my Chrome XP API Adapter from version 1.2.0.5058 to version 1.2.0.5057 which now runs smoothly again on my machine. :P

On 5/29/2024 at 6:56 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Today, the Chrome XP API Adapter has been updated to version 1.2.0.5059. I installed it and did not add the two flags in terms of hardware acceleration. That works for my old machine. :P

At the moment, I am testing again, but now deeply, the hardware acceleration in Thorium on my old machine equipped with the NVIDIA GeForce 6200 graphic card. And I was indeed able to enable the hardware acceleration in Thorium using both flags --use-angle=d3d9 and --ignore-gpu-blocklist. Incredibly, this mode actually still runs with my old card, and the pages load umpteen times faster than before. However, I can't run hardware accelerated canvas and rasterization together, because then undesirable side effects occur, and everything loads extremely slowly. It's a rather complicated matter of setting up and involves a lot of tests. suisjebete.gif

11 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

--ignore-gpu-blocklist

Highly recommended to use in conjunction with --disable-gpu-driver-bug-workarounds

12 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

In fact, I haven't seen any extensions that do anything to CH.

4 hours ago, Dixel said:

Just googling the name, I've found an app with the same name on WebStore. I don't have it installed, I don't even know what that is! Is it embedded tracking starting to show off?

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/cybrhome/gldiimaaokgdphbhnpcfkepafoliekgl

I shan't be surprised! Their motto "connecting people to "great "websites", lol. Yes, looks like tracking, I can't say I noticed it, I put the use on hold due to the brightness issues.

2 hours ago, Dixel said:

Highly recommended to use in conjunction with --disable-gpu-driver-bug-workarounds

Thanks for the hint! I will check this flag in my endless Thorium test marathon:buehehe:

Getting all kinds of weird tracking params all day while searching for different stuff.

&PC=U316&FORM=CHROMN

Is it only Thorium/Supermium? Or probably it's also included in the new (usual) chrome, and I missed these.

16 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Getting all kinds of weird tracking params all day while searching for different stuff.

&PC=U316&FORM=CHROMN

Is it only Thorium/Supermium? Or probably it's also included in the new (usual) chrome, and I missed these.

If you use uBlock Origin I can recommend adding 2 filter lists in addition to AdGuard URL Tracking Protection (which should be enabled by everyone).

Although the main advice for MSFN members who are more privacy-oriented remains to try r3dfox.

3 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

If you use uBlock Origin I can recommend adding 2 filter lists in addition to AdGuard URL Tracking Protection (which should be enabled by everyone).

Although the main advice for MSFN members who are more privacy-oriented remains to try r3dfox.

Thanks, I actually do have Fanboy's Enhanced Tracking List, it works fine in other browsers, but not in Thorium, weird.

Is it obsolete for v.122 and up , maybe?