Help!

mniceguy81

i wanted to make a raid for my P4C800-E Deluxe, since people are saying that Raid is better for performance. is it possible to make one for my motherboard and if please help me with how you did it yourself.

RYAN VM, i did what you said on your rar readme file but still doesn't get past the formating hard disk.

without bothering you guys please.

To make a RAID array, you really need to have two identical drives for best performance. If you're making an array from random hard drives like you are, you need to make a JBOD array. This need to be done in the RAID controller BIOS before you even start Windows setup.

SORRY IF I MADE THE SAME TOPIC

I WAS JUST ASKING IF I CAN MAKE  RAID WITH THESE HDD 1 SATA MAXTOR 200GB 1 IDE IBM 180GB(MASTER)  1 IDE MAXTOR 40GB(SLAVE)

12. Very often we see meaningless subjects in topic title. They give no clue of what the posts are all about. For example:

- Oh no!

- Help

- I'm mad

- Please help

- Question

- I need your help

- Hmmmm ....

This should be avoided. Users should enter something more specific in topic title so that it is easier for others to help.

A few good examples:

- Strange problem with DirectX9b redist

- RunOnceEx install problem (double installation)

- Change Internet Explorer's Icon back to default

Forum Rules

Please no caps, we can hear you.

Look at any documentation that came with your motherboard and/or the manufacturer's website.

The driver pack I compiled (theoretically) supports the onboard Promise 378 controller, so you should be OK on that end assuming you followed directions correctly. If the drivers are integrated correctly, you will see them on controller fasttx2k. If you have the drives attached to the Intel SATA controller, you can NOT do JBOD as it only supports RAID 0/1/0+1 modes.

Also, there's really no performance gain from running in JBOD mode. The only advantage you get from it is that the drives are seen as one big drive rather than as separate drives. Again, IF YOU DON'T HAVE MATCHING DRIVES, YOU ARE PRETTY MUCH GUARANTEED TO SEE NO PERFORMANCE GAIN FROM RUNNING IN RAID.