MDAC.CMD

SVCPACK.SIF

[setupData]CatalogSubDir="i386\svcpack"
[ProductCatalogsToInstall]sp1.cat
[setupHotfixesToRun]JS56NEN.EXE /Q:A /R:NMDAC.CMDQ327979.EXE /q /n /zQ328213.EXE /q /n /z

Then the MDAC.CMD runs

@echo off ECHO.ECHO Installing Q832483 Buffer overrun in an MDAC function could allow code executionstart /wait i386\SVCPACK\ENG_Q832483_MDAC_X86.EXE /C:"dahotfix.exe /q /n" /qEXIT

i have it looking towards the i386\svcpack folder. Did i type it in right??? Will it work like that???

or should i have it looking towards %systemdrive%\install\hotfixes. I was trying to replace that with this but i think %systemdrive%\install\hotfixes will work better and I would just place the fix in the hotfixes folder.

Q: Why did the blonde scale the chain-link fence?

A: To see what was on the other side.

• 2 weeks later...

hi. i was wondering, how can i confirm if the MDAC hotfix is installed?

i tried RaveRod's method at installing MDAC hotfix thru svcpack.inf and i wonder if i have placed the proper parameters:

[Version] Signature="$Windows NT$"MajorVersion=5MinorVersion=1BuildNumber=2600
[setupData]CatalogSubDir="\i386\Update"
[ProductCatalogsToInstall]
[setupHotfixesToRun]JS56NEN.exe /Q:A /R:NKB823182.exe /Q /N /Z /OKB824105.exe /Q /N /Z /OKB824141.exe /Q /N /Z /OKB825119.exe /Q /N /Z /OKB826939.exe /Q /N /Z /OKB828035.exe /Q /N /Z /OKB828741.exe /Q /N /Z /OQ831167.exe /Q:A /R:NQ832483.exe /C:""dahotfix.exe /q /n"" /q:aQ832894.exe /Q:A /R:NKB835732.exe /Q /N /Z /OKB837001.exe /Q /N /Z /OKB837009.exe /Q:A /R:NWMP9_MM2_ENU.exeQ828026.exe /Q /N /Z /Oqchain.exeDX9NTopk.exe

RaveRod's method mentions this:

@AaronXP: You might want to update the hotfixes unattended page to include the MDAC hotfix. It DOES work in SVCPACK.INF if you use the following line (with quotes):

"Q832483.exe /C:""dahotfix.exe /q /n"" /q:a"

Thanks go to GreenMachine for pointing it out to me.

I was wondering if i needed to place extra quotes before and after the whole line as RaveRod posted.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...