PEXP installer

jdgordon

well... since my burner decided to obliterate my winxp cd after it finished it, and me not getting a new 1 yet, and the fact that if i dont start studying soon ill fail the semester in uni which id rather not... so i have shelved this for a while (also the fact i got a bit bored of it :) )

might give it another go in the sememster holiday in about 1.5 months...

so if any1 wants to take over your welcome to the code (its in msvc6 win32 c) but it looks like some1 else is doing the same thing in vb6 (which sux coz u need the vb6 runtimes)

well... since my burner decided to obliterate my winxp cd after it finished it, and me not getting a new 1 yet, and the fact that if i dont start studying soon ill fail the semester in uni which id rather not... so i have shelved this for a while (also the fact i got a bit bored of it :rolleyes: )

might give it another go in the sememster holiday in about 1.5 months...

so if any1 wants to take over your welcome to the code (its in msvc6 win32 c) but it looks like some1 else is doing the same thing in vb6 (which sux coz u need the vb6 runtimes)

Hey.. it dont suck.

vb6 is a very fast and affective language and the runtimes are easy to put into pe. So don't start getting all p***y about how your a vc coder and how vb6 sucks.

Chris. :)

reelaaaaax you guy... i was joking....

You may be joking.. but there are plenty of c++, sorry to be blunt, but @ssholes. They think there all top notch becase they know c++ and i only code vb.. and its really annoying. Glad to see you were joking though! :)

Chris.

actually the only reason i origionjally wrote this in c was coz i dont know how to do file I/O in vb and seen as my unin course is heavily based around c, i thought it would be better for me to learn win32 than vb...

• 3 weeks later...
Is there any way to run diskpart with a batch file at boot from CD? Cant figure that out somehow.

What type of boot disk are you using, since it is in this forum I am assuming it is WinPE, and from your post I assume you want to launch it as soon as you put in the CD, you can do this a coupe ways, the safe way is to add a line to your startnet.cmd file to launch a batch file, I posted this in the forums somewhere. and also you can make it run, i.e. dangerously by adding it to the setupreg.hiv file under startup, don't quote me search first :) , key.

Im using a Multiboot winxp CD. It contains a few xp unattended installs.

The problem is, under win98 or dos you can put a partition batch file to start with no problem. Under XP i dont know how to start such a batch file.

I even would use a different disk for automated formatting if there would be a way. All tools under win98 or dos just provide FAT partitioning.

I thought there must be a better way to partition the HD , format and then install unattended.