Location of Profile Folder for Serpent/UXP for XP

I have not been able to locate the Profile Folder where all the settings are stored. Doesn't seem to be where other browsers store the Profile folder.

Thanks ... Monroe

mina7601 ... I actually found the Profile Folder but not where I expected it to be. I expected it to be in the 'Application Data' folder but it is in the 'Application Data\Moonchild Productions' folder. I just downloaded the 'New build of Serpent/UXP for XP!' by Roytam1 earlier today and did some settings and then tried to find the Profile Folder where everything would be saved..

So when the Profile Folder is created it goes into 'Application Data\Moonchild Productions'. I don't know why this happens but I can live with it, just needed to locate that Profile Folder.

I was getting ready to sign on and post about this and then I read your post. Thanks for the reply.

Monroe

2 hours ago, Monroe said:

I have not been able to locate the Profile Folder where all the settings are stored. Doesn't seem to be where other browsers store the Profile folder.

Thanks ... Monroe

If you didn't change the default settings in the past, then the following list shows all locations of profile folders in Windows XP:

Serpent 52:
c:\Documents and Settings\$USER$\Application Data\Moonchild Productions\Basilisk\Profiles\
c:\Documents and Settings\$USER$\Local Settings\Application Data\Moonchild Productions\Basilisk\Profiles\
Serpent 55:
c:\Documents and Settings\$USER$\Application Data\Moonchild\Basilisk\Profiles\
c:\Documents and Settings\$USER$\Local Settings\Application Data\Moonchild\Basilisk\Profiles\
New Moon 28:
c:\Documents and Settings\$USER$\Application Data\\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\
c:\Documents and Settings\$USER$\Local Settings\Application Data\\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\
bnavigator:
c:\Documents and Settings\$USER$\Application Data\Binary Outcast\Borealis\Profiles\
c:\Documents and Settings\$USER$\Local Settings\Application Data\Binary Outcast\Borealis\Profiles\
Iceape-UXP:
c:\Documents and Settings\$USER$\Application Data\\Hyperbola\Iceape-UXP\Profiles\
c:\Documents and Settings\$USER$\Local Settings\Application Data\\Hyperbola\Iceape-UXP\Profiles\
K-Meleon 76.4.7-Goanna:
Profile is located in the program folder (portable!).

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

AstroSkipper ... looks like we were posting about the same time but I see you also posted:

Application Data\Moonchild Productions\Basilisk\Profiles\  ... I just didn't expect 'Moonchild Productions\Basilisk\Profiles\' was where that Profile Folder would be residing. So you 'confirmed' what I discovered earlier.

Thanks for your reply.

Monroe ...

3 hours ago, Monroe said:

mina7601 ... I actually found the Profile Folder but not where I expected it to be. I expected it to be in the 'Application Data' folder but it is in the 'Application Data\Moonchild Productions' folder. I just downloaded the 'New build of Serpent/UXP for XP!' by Roytam1 earlier today and did some settings and then tried to find the Profile Folder where everything would be saved..

So when the Profile Folder is created it goes into 'Application Data\Moonchild Productions'. I don't know why this happens but I can live with it, just needed to locate that Profile Folder.

Application Data\Moonchild Productions\Basilisk\Profiles\  ... I just didn't expect 'Moonchild Productions\Basilisk\Profiles\' was where that Profile Folder would be residing.

Yeah, it might sound weird to you knowing the location for the first time, you will get used to it soon, but to be fair, the same goes for Firefox.

Edited by mina7601

AstroSkipper ... looks like we were posting about the same time but I see you also posted:

Application Data\Moonchild Productions\Basilisk\Profiles\  ... I just didn't expect 'Moonchild Productions\Basilisk\Profiles\' was where that Profile Folder would be residing. So you 'confirmed' what I discovered earlier.

Thanks for your reply.

Monroe ...

I forget to mention that using the default profile settings means to have always two profile folders in case of Serpent, New Moonbnavigator and Iceape-UXP. If you create own profiles without relative paths in another location, you will have only one profile folder for each of these browsers. That's what I usually do.

Edited by AstroSkipper

• 3 months later...

You can also avoid predefined paths and keep the control of the profile folder, and storing in a more visible folder you will not forget to backup ;)

Whatever firefox browser can specify the location, ie:

palemoon.exe -no-remote -profile "%PROFILEPATH%"

And when you are using different computers and compatible forks, a menu script is your friend

https://github.com/dapgo/Menu4multiple_Webrowsers

On 5/24/2023 at 4:46 PM, Monroe said:
On 5/30/2023 at 5:59 PM, dmiranda said:

about:profiles gives you the location, with some basic options.

I was getting ready to sign on and post about this and then I read your post. Thanks for the reply.

Monroe