Should you upgrade to Windows 11 or stay 10

JamieTech

Would you upgrade to 11 or stay 10   

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you upgrade or stay?

• Stay on 10
    • Upgrade to 11
    • Install Linux

If you have the hard drive space then it's worth considering adding an extra boot so that you'd have Win10 and 11. I may install it that way if it's still possible to bypass the requirements for Win11 but to be honest I'm not in any rush considering that Win10 seems to have stabilized pretty nicely in the last year. 

The situation is pretty complex. I voted to stay in 10, but there are several things to consider. Firstly, Windows 10 is still supported, and it is the most used Windows version at least by now. Regarding Windows 11, I never had important problems with it, but it now requires a Microsoft account and some people might not want to use a Microsoft account. I even hate OneDrive's syncing stuff. So, I might consider an upgrade if the ltsc of Windows 11 would be released and Microsoft account stuff would be optional. By now, I might stay on 10 and when Windows 10 will be surpased by Windows 11 I'll consider a Linux migration.

8 hours ago, Sergiaws said:

I even hate OneDrive's syncing stuff.

You can uninstall OneDrive with Programs and Features applet from Control Panel. I once left OneDrive running, and it synced everything from my Microsoft account, completely cluttering my desktop. I've had this happening many times, and this is the main reason I uninstall OneDrive.