How To Post In The General Forum?

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

That is ONE way to look at it.

One person can be a "glass half full" person.

Another can be a "glass half empty" person.

And NEITHER ONE of them is "correct", nor NEITHER ONE of them is "incorrect".

Truth is not "absolute".  "It's all relative."

Having to choose between two choices does not make the selection 50-50.

The world is not "black and white".

OK, OK, OK, as you say, Perhaps the mods need to move the above four posts to the mental issues topic then.

Not in my view.

Not all of us "see" things the same way and every one of our worlds is centered around what we ourselves "see".

Why "micromanage" and create a visual concentric to one paradigm?  Removing posts for the sake of disagreement is "micromanaging" what others "see" and attempts to paint one paradigm.

I'll leave that to legacyfan (OP) and the mods.

But yes, "this has been fun", lol.

15 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Not in my view.

Not all of us "see" things the same way and every one of our worlds is centered around what we ourselves "see".

Why "micromanage" and create a visual concentric to one paradigm?  Removing posts for the sake of disagreement is "micromanaging" what others "see" and attempts to paint one paradigm.

I'll leave that to legacyfan (OP) and the mods.

But yes, "this has been fun", lol.

thank you everyone for your wonderfully support of this thread I never imagined this would turn out this well (even for a help topic) and I thank you all for the support and input

• legacyfan changed the title to How To Post In The General Forum (With Inspiration)

I would be nice if you could make a post listing (a numbered points list would be perfect) what you have learned and which specific suggestions you will actually follow in your future interactions on the forum. (not quoting whole posts if possible doesn't seem like being one of them).

This way this thread could be useful as a reference for other members that have similar doubts.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

here is a new list of what ive learned 1.always post interesting things other will enjoy (or even get a laugh out of) 2.making fun of others is not nice 3.respect other members thoughts 

Edited by legacyfan

4 hours ago, legacyfan said:

here is a list in the best way I can make it 1.never use capitalisation 2.be courteous when posting and don't start uneeded arguments just because 3.dont use spaces between words and last of all be informative if you do these things you will definitely be better at posting 

:buehehe:

15 minutes ago, legacyfan said:

I was a joke (a really bad joke I should of not done ever)

It* was a joke not I was a joke :P

Anyway, good that you were joking at least.

Edited by mina7601

• legacyfan changed the title to How To Post In The General Forum?
1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

sortoflikeaneecummingspoem

You are being so funny today, and you completely delighted and cheered me up today with this post. First, we have this, and now this. OMG, I am exploding of laughter today, please keep it up. :buehehe:

Edited by mina7601

We will add one after recent posts elsewhere on MSFN -

New Rule - Never revive posts older than 1 month unless the new post will be useful to members other than yourself.  Basically ask yourself before posting, "Is this post me talking to myself or will others gain knowledge from this post?"

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, WSC4 said:

Can someone please tell me how to put these links in a post when referring to a poster:.  @BillSmith or @JoeBloggs

Here is an image:

2.png.a1b801e7e02abd7d4ea093e261c303aa.png

Type, then hit @ and wait, it supposed to trigger, then start by typing the first letter of the profile you want to tag, right after @ without spaces. It will not work on old browsers, the minimum would be Chrome 99 (not sure exactly about the min. version).

I'm currently on Iron 99.