How to prepare for an EMP attack

msfntor

How to prepare for an EMP attack - Useful things to protect yourself from an EMP

"Within a year of an EMP attack at least 2 thirds of the us population will perish from starvation, disease and social collapse"

How Would a Nuclear EMP Affect the Power Grid?

2,334,465 views Nov 8, 2022

"How a nuclear blast in the upper atmosphere could disable the power grid....

This video is a summary of the EPRI study on the impacts that a high-altitude nuclear electromagnetic pulse (HEMP) would have on the US power grid. It’s the first in a deep-dive series of videos about large-scale threats to the grid."...

High-Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse (HEMP): Potential Impacts, and EPRI Research Approach

by EPRI

... "High-altitude electromagnetic pulse (HEMP) refers to the electromagnetic pulse that is created by the high-altitude detonation of a nuclear weapon. Numerous stakeholders assert that a HEMP attack is probable, and its impact would be catastrophic to the power system infrastructure."...

EMP is here – Within a year of an EMP attack at least 2 thirds of the us population will perish from starvation, disease and social collapse

https://strangesounds.org/2022/05/emp-is-here-within-a-year-of-an-emp-attack-at-least-2-thirds-of-the-us-population-will-perish-from-starvation-disease-and-social-collapse.html

Dr. Peter Pry – Executive Director of the Task Force on National and Homeland Security – warns that the consequences of not being prepared for this event are much more severe than one may think:

“within a year of an EMP event at least 2 thirds or the us population will perish from starvation, disease and social collapse…”*

So now imagine…

What if you woke up one morning and nothing worked? What if there was no electricity? What if all transportation came to a halt?

An EMP event would instantly destroy any means of telecommunication, bank account would disappear, planes would fall from the skies, nuclear plants would not be able to cool down the reactors, we would have no running water (water pumps) and every piece of electronics we use from pacemakers to phones to gasoline pumps would stop!

Your refrigerator will stop working and all your food will spoil in a matter of days! If you and your family are not together, you won’t be able to contact or see them....

Here are some useful things to protect yourself from an EMP:

1. Build a Faraday Cage...

2. Store in your Faraday Cage the most important survival electronics like:

A radio (for communication and gathering information);

An old laptop computer with downloads of ebooks and stored personal information or at least a manual on how to make a generator using materials you can find in your home;

A set of walkie-talkies that run on rechargeable batteries;

A small generator;

A manually rechargeable flashlight (most flashlights have electronics in them so they will also fry);

Electronic parts for cars;

Any electronic equipment you don’t use on a regular basis buy may need when SHTF like: night vision and other electronic optics, solar battery chargers, drills; ...

3. Store fuel...

4. Save your car!...

5. Plan on living self-sustained

This means fulfilling all our 3 basic needs: water, food and shelter**!**...

6. Stockpile essentials like

Food...

Water...

Tools...

7. Some things you should have in the car...

8. Secure Your Home against Looters...

9. Some things you need to have at home...

10. Consider buying, making or learn how to make a simple Survival Generator...

Comment:

“Buy a cheap old back-up car”.
Any vehicle made before 1980 has a metal encased brain and is damn near indestructible. I have (3) 79 vehicles – (2) F150 4wd & (1) CJ5.

Do we really need to see on MSFN this survivalist/conspirationist/apocalyptic crap? <- this is a rhetoric question, the answer is NO.

msfntor, it is already tiring to see all the meaningless, non techinical crap you post on this (supposedly technical) board every single §@ç#ing day, often many times each day, but this is too much.

Mind you, you are perfectly free to insist on this as much as you want, but at least you now know how at least one MSFN user is fed up with this senseless garbage.

jaclaz

How To Defend Against The Electromagnetic Pulse Threat By Literally Painting Over It

by James Conca - on Forbes.com: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2021/09/27/the-electromagnetic-pulse-threatcant-we-just-paint-over-it/

STRATEGY FOR PROTECTING AND PREPARING THE HOMELAND AGAINST THREATS OF ELECTROMAGNETIC PULSE AND GEOMAGNETIC DISTURBANCES

on dhs.gov: https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/18_1009_EMP_GMD_Strategy-Non-Embargoed.pdf

50 minutes ago, msfntor said:

@jaclaz,

Thanks for being the only person who has any interest in my topics...

You are welcome.

There are several possible interpretations to the lack of interest you noticed:
1) your topics are not interesting
2) your topics are interesting (generally speaking) but not appreciated by  MSFN members (because of their narrow minds)
3) your topics are interesting and lots of people on MSFN actually like them secretly, but fear that explicitly showing their interest in them will expose them to retaliations of some kind (only as an example targeted EMP attacks)

Hard to say which one is more plausible, I would personally think #1, but that is just like my opinion.

jaclaz

37 minutes ago, jaclaz said:

There are several possible interpretations

I propose a 4th (the category of which I fall within) -

4)  Your topics are read by the majority herein but replying only perpetuates the stigma of MSFN's transformation from what people claim it used to be, a claimed existence which predates my membership herein and I have never witnessed any strict adherence towards in any "topical" forum I've ever been a member thereof.  Tangents and off-topics are always always always present on all all all "topical" forums.

Something like that...

I do skimp through some of them (topics), but there isn't much time and energy left after the endless pointless tedious daily cycle of "working for the living", even for interests of my own discovery. My favorite sight has become that of a cozy bed. They say sleeping is the closest thing to death while being alive. I'm wondering more often if there's even a point to keep going.

Edited by UCyborg

9 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

I do skimp through some of them (topics), but there isn't much time and energy left after the endless pointless tedious daily cycle "working for the living", even for interests of my own discovery. My favorite sight has become that of a cozy bed. They say sleeping is the closest thing to death while being alive. I'm wondering more often if there's even a point to keep going.

Ha, I'm ashamed to admit that I've been sleeping an average of 10 hours a night lately! I make myself feel bad by saying that I'm wasting time that I should be actively living! I have already resolved to get up earlier, 2 hours earlier... we'll see.:w00t:

I've heard on the news Slovenia is one of those countries where people sleep the least. I definitely don't belong here, LOL. One can't work properly without enough sleep, you know.

Edited by UCyborg

Maybe I said this before in another topic, but things would get ugly very quickly if the power goes out for a longer period...people are nuts as it is without disasters of such proportions.

36 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

Maybe I said this before in another topic, but things would get ugly very quickly if the power goes out for a longer period...people are nuts as it is without disasters of such proportions.

Example: Refrigerators...