OS/2 subsystem under Windows 2000

I have successfully gotten the OS/2 Presentation Manager (PM) subsystem to work under Windows NT 3.51 and Windows NT 4.0! :)

The files that require OS/2 to function can be found at \WINNT\System32\OS2\ sub-directory with the following file: oso0001.009

And in \WINNT\System32\OS2\dll sub-directory there is doscalls.dll and netapi.dll.

Has anyone ever managed to get the OS/2 Presentation Manager to work under Windows 2000? I honestly didn't know that the OS/2 subsystem existed under Windows 2000 before support was removed in Windows XP onward.

Share your thoughts. :)

• 1 month later...

On 4/11/2023 at 11:54 AM, ppgrainbow said:

I have successfully gotten the OS/2 Presentation Manager (PM) subsystem to work under Windows NT 3.51 and Windows NT 4.0! :)

The files that require OS/2 to function can be found at \WINNT\System32\OS2\ sub-directory with the following file: oso0001.009

And in \WINNT\System32\OS2\dll sub-directory there is doscalls.dll and netapi.dll.

Has anyone ever managed to get the OS/2 Presentation Manager to work under Windows 2000? I honestly didn't know that the OS/2 subsystem existed under Windows 2000 before support was removed in Windows XP onward.

Share your thoughts. :)

Windows 2000 has not enough dll :3

pmnt.png

2 hours ago, blackwingcat said:

Windows 2000 has not enough dll :3

pmnt.png

It looks like that PMNT.DLL cannot be found upon trying to execute a 16-bit OS/2 PM application. :(

As far as I know, PMNT.DLL was first made available for Windows NT 3.1 Workstation and Windows NT 3.1 Advanced Server back as early as 1994. The Presentation Manager Subsystem doesn't seem to work correctly under Windows 2000. I'm wondering if there is any way how to get the PM Subsystem to work under Windows 2000 or not...

Edited by ppgrainbow

16 hours ago, ppgrainbow said:

It looks like that PMNT.DLL cannot be found upon trying to execute a 16-bit OS/2 PM application. :(

As far as I know, PMNT.DLL was first made available for Windows NT 3.1 Workstation and Windows NT 3.1 Advanced Server back as early as 1994. The Presentation Manager Subsystem doesn't seem to work correctly under Windows 2000. I'm wondering if there is any way how to get the PM Subsystem to work under Windows 2000 or not...

Can we get PMNT.DLL from any product ?

I could not find from WinNT 3.1 iso image.

PMNT.dll is called from PMGRE.dll (it was compiled by Microsoft for WinNT)

8 hours ago, blackwingcat said:

Can we get PMNT.DLL from any product ?

I could not find from WinNT 3.1 iso image.

PMNT.dll is called from PMGRE.dll (it was compiled by Microsoft for WinNT)

I don't know if it's even possible to get PMNT.DLL from anywhere on the internet.

I suspect that when the OS/2 PM subsystem was developed, developers someone called PMNT.DLL from PMGRE.DLL making it impossible to find the said DLL in Windows 2000. :(