WinXP : how use NLite?

Joaquim

using NLite, i can add drivers\updates and create a new iso file.
from experience, i have notice:

1 - if the Windows is 32bits\x86, the drivers\updates(and more) must be 32bits\x86 too. or the setup can't copy 1 file and the drivers can not be installed;
2 - if i delete the user initialization, we damage the iso file? after several tryies, the Command Prompt games aren't executed :( and was so hard add the audio driver knowing that is the right driver :(

You can only ever use 32-bit drivers on a 32-bit system. Why would you want to copy x64 drivers to the ISO? If you want to make changes, you should start from a set of extracted files and build a fresh ISO instead of deleting something from one you've already made.

You should only try to integrate sound drivers if it would save you time installing on a hundred computers with similar hardware. Drivers that come with a setup program can be complicated. To make sure you have the right driver, you should install it from an INF file manually without using setup program and verify that everything works.

my big objective is install the Windows XP, on an old laptop, with it's drivers. by some reason, i'm getting problems on Windows after install it(the ms-dos aplications\games aren't executed) :( 

so i uninstall the NLite and reinstall it for do a new test.
i have the right drivers, i'm getting some problems on Windows after install it :(

i can't install the Windows XP correctly after using the NLite and Rufus :(
the System seems damage: i can't execute MS-DOS games.. the window close after open :(
can be fixed or it's really the sound driver?

Are you talkin about formatting a Flash drive? Yes, writing to it will wear it over time. If you are doing a quick format that completes in a minute or two then it is not so bad.

Do only games that play sound close? Usually it's mandatory to configure each game with the IRQ/DMA parameters of the real or emulated sound card. Try disabling the sound and see if they work.

You only need to use nLite for drivers that the installation process itself depends on: RAID disk controller, ACPI patch. Maybe network could be helpful. Sound can be installed later.

I've already commented to you that the experience of DOS games under WinXP won't be smooth. You won't get high resolution VESA modes under XP, so the resolution will be limited to 320*240 or 640*350. It's preferable to use DOSBox for smaller games that are light on the CPU or Windows native ports.

I only get problems after use NLite. Today  i will install the Windows without using NLite for add drivers.  I will install them manually for see if the problem is only NLite. Seems that enter conflits with sound drivers.  When i try run any game i get a parametrs error 

On 4/2/2023 at 4:35 AM, Joaquim said:

i have the right drivers, i'm getting some problems on Windows after install it :(

Hello Joaquim,

Do the files you are trying to include have long file names? If so, try shortening them so that the first part of the file name is no more than eight (8) characters. I remember doing that when I used nLite. I'm not sure it was absolutely necessary, but I did that and didn't have any problems when I used nLite.

1st and tested: the iso was damage. So i find anotherone and now works. But if i use NLite, i will get the same error... tested too.

So now i install the drivers 1 by one. At least works 

after several tests i understood what is my 'mistake': i was testing the MS-DOS games from External Disks instead on C:.... so now works.
i have 1 driver problem: all drivers are installed, except the audio driver.. why? if i search it, it will installed... why the NLite don't add it corretly to Windows setup?
i know the driver is correct, but the NLite have problems(but no errors are showed) add it :(