how to creat a new partition in sever 2003?

Hi, I've just clean installed Windows Server 2003. How do I creat a new partition without losing any data. I normally use PartitionMagic to creat new partitons, but I notice that PartitionMagic doesn't run in Server 2003; so what is the other way to creat a new partiton then?

Thanks in advance.

hmm is it a new Harddisk you will create a new partion on ore the same harddisk where you have windows 2003 installet if it is on the same harddisk you can not create a partion with out losing some data.

if it is a new harddisk can you use windows manage

right click at my computer and then manage you should find Disk Management in there you can create a partion if you have a new harddisk it will be unlocatted because there are no partion on a new harddisk :rolleyes::D but let me know if you find out

:D:)

Hai,

I've had more or less the same problem as I was looking for a util like PMagic which would do the job on server 2003, and I found that PartitionExpert (by Acronis) works fine as long as you want to perform your basic partitioning activities.

So even if you've already installed w2k3 you can still create new partitions, that is if you have any harddrive space left .... :)

Good luck

re you could use partition magic

but you have to boot from partition magic's diskette and then use the other diskette2 to split the hdd

(you need to have the 2 disks created in advance)

tip: try using the Hiren's Boot CD 5.0

its working

re you could use partition magic

but you have to boot from partition magic's diskette and then use the other diskette2 to split the hdd

Not so. Even the stand-alone floppy version doesn't want to run if it detects a Windows Server OS on any existing partition (NT server, 2000 S and AS, 2003...)