Root Certificates For Windows 7

legacyfan

I'm working on getting the certificates and other components updates and was wondering where I can download the complete latest certificates for 2023 if anyone could help with this it would be much appreciated.                                                                                                                                                                             -legacyfan

Edited by legacyfan

45 minutes ago, legacyfan said:

I'm working on getting the certificates and other components updates and was wondering where I can download the complete latest certificates for 2023 if anyone could help with this it would be much appreciated 

It will also work for Windows 7.

TLS_on_IE.png

In this menu, enable both SSL 2.0 and 3.0, and TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2.

Edited by mjd79

5 minutes ago, mjd79 said:

It will also work for Windows 7.

TLS_on_IE.png

In this menu, enable both SSL 2.0 and 3.0, and TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2.

I turned those settings on now (and the nvme updates are being installed)

Edited by legacyfan

• legacyfan changed the title to Root Certificates For Windows 7

@mjd79 Just a question ! Why would you enable ssl 2.0 and ssl 3.0 since

"Both SSL 2.0 and 3.0 have been deprecated by the Internet Engineering Task Force, also known as IETF, in 2011 and 2015, respectively. Over the years vulnerabilities have been and continue to be discovered in the deprecated SSL protocols (e.g. POODLE, DROWN). "

Certificates do update without having to do so.

Cheers

10 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Yes, but the main topic post has been edited by a moderator with a download link and its password for quick access. :)

I see now that you have to click on the faint grey arrow in the upper right hand corner.  Originally, I just copied and pasted the link, which took me to the download page, but did not provide the password.  I naturally assumed that what I saw was all there was.

CLUE+TIP: I get the Root Certificates List from Microsoft Website (ca. all 3 Months) per CAB.File Download ...

http://ctldl.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab

Unpack authrootstl.cab, it contains one file authroot.stl. You can install this file in the system using the context menu of the STL file (Install CTL).

1362139624_(m)-auth-root-install.jpg.2f0fdd152c8862bf599cbbe0176c18a6.jpg

Edited by e-t-c