ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.1030 rebuild 8

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I have currently opted to enable WebGL and maybe, just MAYBE, I was a bit too "paranoid" to disable it in the first place.

If it were me, I would choose to remove all versions with WebGL disabled... no problem for me... And what are the opinions of the other members here?

But it's good to disable Google Translate because it's Google...

I never use Google to translate, but DeepL Traduction, AND DeepL Write too: https://www.deepl.com/write

Edited by msfntor

51 minutes ago, Milkinis said:

I was just curious about it being enabled all the time with the non-webGL based browsers

It's only enabled because you were using in an unintended fashion (that I do not recall you admitting to prior to today).  So you have to blame yourself for that.  You chose to use by your own rules, so no, of course it didn't work as it was intended.

The topic of your WebGL being enabled or disabled can hereby be considered CLOSED.  Further discussions only confuse new visitors.

Bottom line - you used it in your own way, so you didn't get the results you were supposed to get because of using it in your own way.

Q.E.D.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

And what are the opinions of the other members here?

I personally use the "360Chrome Regular, WebGL enabled, Translation enabled, WinXP skin" version. :)

Edited by mina7601

@NotHereToPlayGames - I would like to bring your attention to the following:

1. While an instance of the 360Chrome browser is opened (applies to any of your version series through this version), and the main toolbar's "Show bookmark menu" icon (has a star shape) is clicked three times (does not need to be all at once), the 360Chrome browser software crashes.  I have tested this to occur on both Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 and Windows Vista with Service Pack 2.  See the following picture of an illustration of the crash:
Crash_Star_Button.thumb.gif.f97690841cd37e5d4bf397e71a2ab098.gif

This is an annoying problem.

2.  When using the 13.5.1030 version series on Windows Vista with Service Pack 2, one receives a Windows Firewall prompt when browsing to the banking Web site, https://www.53.com/ (should redirect to https://www.53.com/content/fifth-third/en.html ).  One may otherwise still browse using the 360Chrome Web browser software.  I have tried to reproduce the issue while instead using Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3, but the problem did not reproduce (maybe because the Windows Firewall software is different).  The Windows Firewall prompt is illustrated with the following Windows Vista Windows Firewall dialog box:
1680343118_53.comWindowsFirewall-WinVista.gif.c867a89abe1126d7d315cfca5e935a83.gif

Could this mean that there is still telemetry happening?

6 hours ago, Ascii2 said:

Could this mean that there is still telemetry happening?

If I unblock scripts, on "www.53.com/content..." have blocked connection: 91.235.132.129

netname: TMETRIX

org-name: ThreatMetrix, Inc

person: ThreatMetrix Network Operations

19 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Do you get this dialog box on the FIRST CLICK ?

image.png.46e564f209f96b7f972e94395eb6badf.png

With this star at the right: yes, and no problems after many clicks.

But the problem is with another star, this one on the left.: "Show bookmark menu" - with tab empty: after 3 clicks, but with website, after 5 clicks I have this problem dialog. 

Edited by msfntor

16 minutes ago, msfntor said:

But the problem is with another star, this one on the left.: "Show bookmark menu" - with tab empty: after 3 clicks, but with website, after 5 clicks I have this problem dialog. 

I still cannot replicate.

Clicked the left star TWENTY TIMES with an empty tab, TWENTY TIMES with this one MSFN tab.

Clicked the address bar star TWENTY TIMES with an empty tab, TWENTY TIMES with this one MSFN tab.

I cannot replicate.

23 minutes ago, msfntor said:

If I unblock scripts, on "www.53.com/content..." have blocked connection: 91.235.132.129

netname: TMETRIX

org-name: ThreatMetrix, Inc

person: ThreatMetrix Network Operations

This would be telemetry by Fifth Third Bank and not by 360Chrome.

Have you tried in any other browser, both Chrome-based and Mozilla-based?