JPEGView for Windows XP with Jpeg-XL support

RamonUn

I was browsing GitHub this night and I saw that there was a fork of JPEGView , my favorite image viewer, Then I saw that actually Window XP is even supported with limited iamge support though.

So I tried the Windows 7 version on XP and after 10 minutes of tweaks, using some xompie-0.6a dlls and hexediting one or two functions in the import table I was done and now JPEGView32 1.2.45 can run on XP with Jpeg-XL support. this is a big plus for me because I really think it is a good format and it hopefully will become more standard in the future.

here is a download link of the modified version:

https://github.com/RamonUnch/binnt/raw/main/JPEGView32_1.2.45_JXL_XPmod.7z

You will need the VCRUNTIME140.DLL and similar (visual studio 2015 redist.)

• 11 months later...

That's some impressive tinkering you've done there! Your efforts are undoubtedly appreciated.
Expanding on this, you can also try to compress image files for faster loading times. There are tools that let you reduce image file sizes without sacrificing quality. This can significantly improve the browsing experience, especially when dealing with large image collections.

Edited by BakerSean

well you might make the test then heic vs jpeg xl

you have to look a high resolution base file

then create the 2 formats from that high resolution base file in this case jpeg xl and heic

and compare if fine details are vanishing or are no longer shown

the compression with more remaining pixels wins (a similiar file size should be choosen)