Need Help Getting Minecraft To Work On Vista

legacyfan

I'm confused on how to get this working I installed vista now and decided to install minecraft to see if it would work but with the xp/vista end of support the old launcher won't work anymore so my question is how can it be made playable again without mods or extended kernels? if anyone could help with this it would be much appreciated -legacyfan 😉

You can give MultiMC a shot; I use it, but with extended kernel
To make it work you first need to have sha-2 support (kb4474419, maybe even kb4493730, i don't know, i installed it because it was in my folder), so that already changes your vista build number from 6002 to 6003
Then you need a working browser (I used mypal 68) to sign in to your minecraft (microsoft) account, if you don't have the updates mentioned it will fail with the error "xbox user authentication failed"
The newest version you can play is 1.16.5; newer versions require java 16 which does not work properly (with ex. kernel you can go up to some 1.18 snapshots)

2 hours ago, legacyfan said:

x86

I tested on an x64 VM with all updates up to EOS (mainly because I made an iso which has them integrated and it was easier to use it than to install them one by one if req)
just to make it a bit more clear, everything I said in my first post is for vista without ex. kernel because that's what you asked for