Windows Defender is on ver. 1.0, does it matter and how can I enable Updates for some drivers?

CommanderKeen

55 minutes ago, CommanderKeen said:

Defender keeps bugging me about being updated but it won't work with the error code 0x80072efe

It will never be able to update on it's own anymore because of "SHA-2"
I always quit defender and also disable the windows defender service from services.msc (type that in a Run box or just search it using the start menu). It's useless anyway

If you want antivirus protection from Microsoft on Vista, my suggestion is to install Microsoft Security Essentials 4.4.304.0. That would disable the old Defender antispyware for you. (If you have version 1.0, then I believe you missed some Windows updates for Defender, but IDK what the KBs were.)

Definitions for MSE or Defender can still be found at a Microsoft webpage (but who knows for how much longer), just search for “latest security intelligence updates.”

On 2/18/2023 at 2:45 PM, msquidpl said:

winvispixp you probably can flash your Maximus with Rampage BIOS

Yes, I know I can flash it to a rampage formula, actually I have a p5e deluxe x48 which came with the mod applied, but I usually like things as close to stock as possible 
But of course, that's OT, so let's get back to windows defender and it's usefulness :lol: