Change administrator name

I'll look forward to what you can come up with.

Jotnar's code and mine are doing the same things. He has added some password rules as well to those accounts, which is a good idea. I'll add similar code to my script.

When I asked about disabling from the command line, I was thinking of the disable this account option on the Usersandpasswords2 dialog (accessible from Start Menu > Run). However, when I looked through the help on all of the Net commands, I did not see a command line equivalent.

I was reading this page and I thought that it might be a nice thing to try: at T12 try (if possible) to impersonate the administrator and then encrypt his password. It doesn't look trivial to be honest but it sounds like a good idea ...

If there is anyone here with a good background in C, they might want to give a hand ...

CF

• 2 weeks later...

@DarkShadows

I think I got it working :thumbup

Check out this thread.

I think this is what you are looking for. Give it a try and let me know. The program on the above link will not delete the administrator, but it will allow you to create a new user and if the user is added to the administrators group, with autologon activated, then his/her password will be stored in the registry encrypted so that it will not be exposed as clear text ...

If this is indeed what you're after I can shape the code up a bit to achieve what we discussed before.

:)

CF

Edited by cancerface

@cancerface

Man have you been busy! I take a few days off and you've got your own thread on here! I just skimmed the other thread. I try out your utility tomorrow or the next day, but from what I see it looks great! I'll jump over to the other thread now.

@DarkShadows

:D

No, I am not that fast ... That thread has been up for some time and this is why I responded to your question here in the first place: I liked the idea of getting rid of the clear text password for autologon so it was a good opportunity to get into that as well.

I'll wait for your comments on either thread :yes:

CF