how to remove unwanted apps and programs in windows 11?

legacyfan

im working on installing windows 11 with windows 10 (on separate Drives) and I was wondering what the best options would be to disable telemetry if anyone could help me with this it would be much appreciated

Edited by legacyfan

2 hours ago, shelby said:

see this

Yes. This is true. Win 11 and 11 are full of telemetry and spyware, but 11 has more and the only way to ensure that you get rid of it is to either use a firewall, use Microsoft Server, Windows Enterprise, or just downgrade to an older version of Windows. At least you have the right hardware to do so.

32 minutes ago, 2plash6 said:

Yes. This is true. Win 11 and 11 are full of telemetry and spyware, but 11 has more and the only way to ensure that you get rid of it is to either use a firewall, use Microsoft Server, Windows Enterprise, or just downgrade to an older version of Windows. At least you have the right hardware to do so.

in the comments they say entreprise use the same telemetry. Also they say about using a strict firewall like SimpleWall, using a DNS sinkhole like PiHole and an app like O&O ShutUp 10++

The best tool I've found is MSMG Toolkit, although even after it removes telemetry and other components, Windows 11 will still phone home and install updates that put you back to square one, especially if you use Edge Browser or update the OS. For that reason don't go online until you've installed a good firewall, if you do use MSMG Toolkit or any of the other alternatives suggested in this thread.  

• 7 months later...

Telemetry?   What telemetry?

Has anyone else just plain turned MS Updates OFF?  I personally used "StopUpdates10.exe".

Somehow, that just seemed Obvious to me.  Call it years of experience with Microsoft.  NO, I don't trust them.

Then I used the 'Revo Uninstaller' to get rid of every program and app in Windows that I did not want.

Windows 11 is SWEET, once you get rid of the MS BS (as I call it).

Cheers Mates!

Andromeda :cool: