help with RAID and SATA!

mniceguy81

Hi everyone,

I'm new at this and i tried everything.

My specs for making RAID/SATA are 1 SATA Maxtor 200GB, 1 IBM 180GB normal ide and 1 Maxtor 40GB normal ide hard disks.

I tried to put SATA HDD on SATA RAID 1 and 2 IDE HDD on PRI_RAID, i made array 1+0 for the three of them and it went ok.

I pushed F6 on windows Setup so that i can install drivers and it found my drivers, formatted my 3 HDD and started to install then BAAM!!!! it starts to look for driver FASTTX2.sys and pn something.

but i followed RYAN VM procedure with raiddrivers.rar and no luck.

please help.

My Computer is as follows:

Thermaltake Highest Xaser III VM3000 Series Mid Tower- Skull

P4 3.20HT

P4C800-E DELUXE BIOS 1014

MEMORY 2GHZ 4X 512 STICKS

ALBATRON NVIDIA FX5900 ULTRA 256MB

1 SATA MAXTOR 200GB

1 IDE IBM 180GB(MASTER)

1 IDE MAXTOR 40GB(SLAVE)

1 IDE SONY DRU-5OOA (MASTER(DVD WRITER))

1 IDE LITE-ON CD-RW 52X (SLAVE)

CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro

Hauppauge WinTV-GO-FM

PLEASE HELP!!!!.

I am having basically the same issues.

I have a working install w/ hotfixes and apps. Boaught a new PC using the Intel 875PBZ mobo and can't get it to work.

My First Attempt, Using the f6 key and finding the driver doesnt work, because it first finds the driver to be used, but then after it formats, it doesnt acknowledge that the floopy disk contains the specified driver. Very strange because it is the same floppy first used after hitting F6, but moments later it cant find the iastor driver files from the same disk.

Second attempt, Use method suggested by 'RyanVM'. This time, "File \$OEM$\iaStor.sys could not be loaded. The error code is 18. Setup cannot continue. press any key to exit"

Any thoguhts?

Because I'm in a hurry, I'm resorting to using an IDe drive for the image, then using Ghost to duplicate the image onto the SATA Raid drive after modifying the boot ini.

Still I need to resolve this for next time.

Suggestions before 3rd stike are greatly appreciated.

I've got an 875 board here at work that if I have time, I'll attempt the unattended install on. It's always possible there's a mistake somewhere in my little package.

In the mean time, you can try following GreenMachine's method (start with a fresh txtsetup.sif) and try integrating only your relevant drivers instead of all of them.

http://greenmachine.msfnhosting.com/READING/addraid.htm

I'm not sure what to tell you guys. Where are you getting the error? I just created a fresh XP install CD and applied the patch to a clean txtsetup.sif and the CD booted just fine and saw the SATA hard drive (Seagate 120GB) on the ICH5R controller just fine.

Are you sure you extracted all the files properly? Did you make the needed changes to winnt.sif?

If you used the pack I compiled, you do NOT need to press F6. The point of integrating these drivers is specifically so you won't have to press F6. In fact, it's normal that you will get errors if you try to copy RAID drivers from a floppy during unattended setup. This is due to OEMPreinstall being set equal to Yes in winnt.sif.

Hi it went all ok with your drivers and then bamm!!! when the install finishes and windows xp starts the computer reboots.

i tried it three times but no go.

you drivers are ok maybe it's me don't know help please.

thx bye

The problem is i have 1 Sata and 2 IDE's that's why i'm using Promise Fasttrack 378 and i don't know ICH5R SATA controller and how it works could you please give me simple instruction on how to setup and making unattended cd with the drivers.

and if it's going to work with My hard disks.

Your 875P chipset has native SATA RAID support built into it. You should be able to enable that function in your BIOS. Myself and one other person have both tested the driver pack with the 875P's RAID controller successfully (I'm typing this message on that very system).

I still don't understand why you're creating a RAID array for three different drives. There will be very little if any performance gain (maybe even a performance loss!), since the array will be limited in size to the smallest drive and in speed to the slowest drive. It seems like a TOTAL waste to me. If I were you, I'd put your SATA drive on the Intel 875P SATA controller (not in a RAID array) and the other two IDE drives on other IDE channels.

I was having the same problem until I used greenmachine method worked fine on my moterboard, but when I tried on another computer that had hpt374 raid controller problem came back I will try to incorporate those drives into my XPCD using Greenmachine method also.

Theoretically all my pack does is automate GM's method. Any info you can provide about what you did to make a problem go away would be nice. Also, did you try the version with the batch file which patches txtsetup.sif automatically?