[SOLVED] Windows 8.1 on Swift 3 (Kaby Lake) Failed and Blue Screen

johnelmer227

Hello

Just new here as i'm trying to installing with Windows 8.1 on my Acer Swift 3 SF314-54 w/ Intel i3 7020U (Kaby Lake) when after installing i facing Blue Screen error code "INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR" But i don't know what problem is this i even changed to AHCI mode and Disable Secure boot! Anyone have know to fixed this or having faced like this? See on the pics this is happening after installation!

1. I only modded iso with Intel WiFi Driver and Intel Serial IO Driver from Intel

2. Dual booting from Windows 11

Screenshot_20230127_004136.jpg

Edited by johnelmer227

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2023 at 10:44 AM, johnelmer227 said:

Hello

Just new here as i'm trying to installing with Windows 8.1 on my Acer Swift 3 SF314-54 w/ Intel i3 7020U (Kaby Lake) when after installing i facing Blue Screen error code "INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR" But i don't know what problem is this i even changed to AHCI mode and Disable Secure boot! Anyone have know to fixed this or having faced like this? See on the pics this is happening after installation!

1. I only modded iso with Intel WiFi Driver and Intel Serial IO Driver from Intel

2. Dual booting from Windows 11

Screenshot_20230127_004136.jpg

Please reboot into your Windows 8.1 install media. Once in, please press Shift+F10 to open up good-ole Command Prompt. Type in Notepad to open it up. Go to File->Open and in the box that opens, change the file types from .txt to All Files. Navigate it to C:\Windows\System32\drivers. Inside here, find a file named IntelPEP.sys and delete this. Exit out of everything and Windows should now load normally. After you update, this file will reappear, so you will have to repeat this once more.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2023 at 1:50 PM, Jakob99 said:

Please reboot into your Windows 8.1 install media. Once in, please press Shift+F10 to open up good-ole Command Prompt. Type in Notepad to open it up. Go to File->Open and in the box that opens, change the file types from .txt to All Files. Navigate it to C:\Windows\System32\drivers. Inside here, find a file named IntelPEP.sys and delete this. Exit out of everything and Windows should now load normally. After you update, this file will reappear, so you will have to repeat this once more.

Wow you're great... Thanks it's very worked i deleted it from Single boot "Windows 11" This is why drivers issue on it.

12 hours ago, johnelmer227 said:

Running guys but only touchpad and USB driver only. We don't know intel extensible 3.0  driver got faced error "does not meet minimum requirements" They're only both has bugs but only use as keyboard.

IMG_20230224_002831_674.jpg

Glad you got in ok. Touchpad is easy to get working. Just download these https://www.mediafire.com/file/icgdlhs9vys6x0i/Intel_Serial_IO_7thGen%2B_Win81.zip/file and install via Have Disk method. Your device (if it's not A368 or A369) may not be in the INF, so you will need to open up Device Manager, find devices named Intel Device under System Devices. Two of these will be Intel Serial IO Host Controller. Click on it and go to driver details. Find Hardware ID's (E.G. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A368 and PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A369) and denote them in the INF by taking the last device ID in there, copy and paste it below, and change the device ID to your respective id. Also don't forget to do the same for the list of devices at the bottom, so you don't get a Device Manager name of %PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A368% or whatever your device is. Also ensure Intel HID Event Filter Driver is installed before installing Serial IO drivers (If you use Snappy Driver Installer, it will pick this up), otherwise, they will Code 10.

5 hours ago, Jakob99 said:

Glad you got in ok. Touchpad is easy to get working. Just download these https://www.mediafire.com/file/icgdlhs9vys6x0i/Intel_Serial_IO_7thGen%2B_Win81.zip/file and install via Have Disk method. Your device (if it's not A368 or A369) may not be in the INF, so you will need to open up Device Manager, find devices named Intel Device under System Devices. Two of these will be Intel Serial IO Host Controller. Click on it and go to driver details. Find Hardware ID's (E.G. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A368 and PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A369) and denote them in the INF by taking the last device ID in there, copy and paste it below, and change the device ID to your respective id. Also don't forget to do the same for the list of devices at the bottom, so you don't get a Device Manager name of %PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A368% or whatever your device is. Also ensure Intel HID Event Filter Driver is installed before installing Serial IO drivers (If you use Snappy Driver Installer, it will pick this up), otherwise, they will Code 10.

Hm... i can't download it''s saying "the file has been blocked". Sadly my serial io has 9D60 and 9D61 only

Edited by johnelmer227

8 hours ago, Jakob99 said:

Update i manage to fix it for touchpad and usb's. That's causes need to switch into Intel Power Engine Plugin to Standard Power Managent Controller to load up all drivers. One problem again is sounds only I already install realtek audio driver but didn't work at all...

• johnelmer227 changed the title to [SOLVED] Windows 8.1 on Swift 3 (Kaby Lake) Failed and Blue Screen
4 minutes ago, johnelmer227 said:

Update again Thank you so much for help. Now i can using Windows 8.1 at all within dual boot with Windows 11! Drivers are all ok no problems at all! Thanks to @Jakob99 For solving INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR now it's solved everything on my Acer Swift 3

IMG_20230225_091749_661.jpg

Glad I could help! I'm surprised you got that error on 7th Gen Kaby Lake. I didn't get it on my 8th Gen Coffee Lake, but did on my 11th Gen Tiger Lake. Maybe laptop manufacturer has something to do with it. Maybe all Acer's and Lenovo's post 6th Gen suffer from it while Dell's do not, idk.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/25/2023 at 9:25 AM, Jakob99 said:

Glad I could help! I'm surprised you got that error on 7th Gen Kaby Lake. I didn't get it on my 8th Gen Coffee Lake, but did on my 11th Gen Tiger Lake. Maybe laptop manufacturer has something to do with it. Maybe all Acer's and Lenovo's post 6th Gen suffer from it while Dell's do not, idk.

Yes i had also Tiger Lake on my bro's Nitro 5 and he's also wanted to install a windows 8.1 but still no problems at all within modified iso