how avoid disk space errors?

Joaquim

If you can install something else, without a disk space error, then you do not need a patch.

Have you googled to see if this is a common error?

You could install the game using a VM with Windows.

You would save your registry to a file, before install. Save it again after install. Then use Windiff to compare the two. The results can be saved to a .reg file, with REGEDIT 4 at the top of it.

Copy the game files over, to the same location as on the VM. Then double click the .reg file.

Edited by awkduck

Make sure recycle bin is empty.

Also, do not make a generic "I got an error" type post like this. Post the actual text of the error message, as well as a screenshot if possible. Also include some other details such as the size of the disk you are using.

This is in the readme.txt file,

The High Capacity Disk Patch Program patches Windows 98/98SE/ME to provide direct support for Hard Drives larger than 137GB without requiring a controller card or the Intel Application Accelerator which can only be used with some Intel Chipset Motherboards. The Patch installs support for the 48-Bit LBA addressing mode required for Hard Drives larger than 137GB. REQUIREMENTS Windows 95 Release 2 (See Note Below) Windows 98, 98SE or ME.

The resolution of you image was too low, I couldn't make out the error message.

It seems like many of the "Acer Aspire 1690" series laptops only came with 80GB harddrives. I did see some review labelled 1690/1692 that mentioned a 160GB harddrive.

Is your drive only 80GB?

Edited by awkduck

OP messed with the pagefile, at least I don't see any other logical explanation after code analysis unless that system is FUBARed in other ways effecting the outcome. One of the 3 conditions must be true for memory check to pass, in order of evaluation:

1. 20 MB free RAM and 10 MB free space in pagefile
  2. 10 MB free RAM and 20 MB free space in pagefile
  3. 30 MB free space in pagefile

If none pass, the error is shown:

spacer.png