ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.1030 rebuild 7

16 minutes ago, Milkinis said:

browser's portable files.

This is a link to the version history, though, the blue date texts (for example, 2021-12-02) are the links to the downloads.

Edited by mina7601

On 3/10/2023 at 9:23 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

You will need delcert.exe mentioned by @mixit here  --  https://msfn.org/board/topic/184135-arcticfoxienotheretoplaygames-360chrome-v135-build-2022/?do=findComment&comment=1233000

Then you will need rebase.exe and cab1.cab mentioned by @mixit here  --  https://msfn.org/board/topic/184135-arcticfoxienotheretoplaygames-360chrome-v135-build-2022/?do=findComment&comment=1233344

chrome.dll was originally based at 0x10000000

i have been rebasing my chrome.dll at 0x10010000 (my last upload was "rebuild_7" and it was rebased at 0x3e1c0000 but I have since been using 0x10010000)

I used Process Hacker 2.38.343 (I don't recall offhand, I think it was the last version to show System Information CPU, Memory, and I/O all on ONE PAGE).

You can right-click 360chrome.exe and select Properties then go to a Memory tab to see where everything resides in memory by address.

I was using two desktop computers (one on XP x86 and one on XP x64) and two laptop computers (both on XP x86).

I ended up at 0x10010000 basically for no other reason then it worked on all four of my XP computers without conflicting with a "hooked .dll" (from a mouse-gesture program I run) that does or does not run on all four of those XP computers.

If I recall, 0x10010000 was the smallest address I could rebase to that was higher than the original 0x10000000.

It was my assumption at the time that selecting the smallest address possible increased chances of working on all four of those XP computers (because other members here were not having success with 0x3e1c0000).

On 3/10/2023 at 9:38 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I suppose it's quite possible (though I have not confirmed) that the original chrome.dll only needs to be rebased "away" from its original address and then rebased BACK TO its original address.

I did some tests (under Windows 7) using Process Hacker's PE Viewer and noted that the checksums for all chrome.dll files (and chrome_child.dll for v9, v11 and v12) were incorrect. After rebasing to another address (rebase.exe, any correct address) and going back to 0x10000000 the checksum was "fixed". I don't know about this checksum stuff but, could it be related to the memory consuption issue on XP?

On Win7 memory consumption is not an issue (at least on my end), I've read a little and I assume it is because of ASLR (Address Space Layout Randomization) --> https://stackoverflow.com/a/4871945
Again, don't know about this stuff :}

Edited by Humming Owl

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Anbima said:

How can I change the temp and cache folder to another drive / folder?
I would like to have it on the ramdisk.

Add the below (after editing) startup command to your shortcut or in the loader.ini file if you use the loader.

--user-data-dir=<drive>:\<folder_path>

You should add quotes after the = if the drive or folder path has any spaces.

--user-data-dir="<ram disk drive>:\<folder sub directory>"

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

3 hours ago, Milkinis said:

vertical scroll bar is missing on 360 chrome v11 and other old browsers

I checked it with the rebuild 7 and there's no issue

https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/windows-32-bit-os-amd-discussions-2000-xp-2003-2009/31971

Simple (in DCBrowser...) with the PopUpOff extension I use... Even in moderate mode the scrollbar appears instantly... in Aggressive mode too...
PopUpOff link to download: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/popupoff-popup-and-overla/ifnkdbpmgkdbfklnbfidaackdenlmhgh?hl=en-US

- "Powered by Discourse" , that's why...

Edited by msfntor

20 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Add the below (after editing) startup command to your shortcut or in the loader.ini file if you use the loader.

--user-data-dir=<drive>:\<folder_path>

You should add quotes after the = if the drive or folder path has any spaces.

--user-data-dir="<ram disk drive>:\<folder sub directory>"

Is it a problem if this folder is always completely deleted (ram-disk)?
Is important data stored here?

23 minutes ago, Anbima said:

Is it a problem if this folder is always completely deleted (ram-disk)?
Is important data stored here?

That's your entire profile directory, I guess I misread the question.

My CACHE is not at that directory, it's at C:\Documents and Settings\<account name>\Local Settings\Temp

And it ALREADY deletes completely each and every time I exit 360Chrome.