ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.1030 rebuild 7

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

That example DOES WORK in 360Chrome v13.5 (did not test other versions).

This is an example of a web site that REQUIRES WEBGL .  WebGL is intentionally disabled.

If you "opt-in" for the security risk (the extent is often debated, so "your call") of enabling WebGL, then you need to remove the --disable-webgl switch in 360Loader.ini .

Thanks. I didn't think of checking 360Loader.ini. I'll keep it disabled and only modify it if I need to.

16 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

No.

Bummer.It can be done with firefox which can be made single process if desired.

Using 13.5.1030 rebuild 7 ungoogled currently and it's working great except for audio breaking up sometimes which has been a chrome problem for years going by what I've read.

16 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

No.

Bummer.It can be done with firefox which can be made single process if desired.

Using 13.5.1030 rebuild 7 ungoogled currently and it's working great except for audio breaking up sometimes which has been a chrome problem for years going by what I've read.

6 hours ago, ADMM said:

It can be done with firefox which can be made single process if desired.

Kinda "don't care".  You are more then welcome to run Firefox.  But Firefox is a dying bread and losing global market share to Chrome "for a reason".

The audio problem is NOT NOT NOT because of multi-process.

Most Firefox users (unless running Win98!) even opt to force multi-process.

Multi-process is NOT a "negative".

Most audio problems on XP can be isolated to audio/video drivers that are dated newer than XP ever intended to be used.

Don't use the "latest-and-greatest" audio/video driver.

10 hours ago, ADMM said:

audio breaking up sometimes

To solve audio problems ("Audio sometimes cuts out"):

Check the cables and speakers (connections, etc.)...
To listen to the video in better conditions, unload other tabs...
Switch to another Chrome browser to browse...

The last Firefox version I used and the last for XP was 52.9.1 which is now basically useless.I was thinking reducing multi process would free up more ram?

I never had a audio issue with other browsers in the past,eg,IE,Firefox,Mypal,Mypal68,Serpent.Audio driver is from 2004,video card driver 2008.

I find waiting a bit for the video to load up then advancing it and going back to the start helps a lot.It's not a huge deal and doesn't happen all the time but more of a p*** off.Don't have much of a choice with browsers for XP.360 chrome works way better than the rest at this point.Thanks for your work with them.

On 2/17/2023 at 10:38 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

But Firefox is a dying bread and losing global market share to Chrome "for a reason".

Reason being, they've sold their soul to Google. R.I.P., @NotHereToPlayGames.

14 hours ago, ADMM said:

I was thinking reducing multi process would free up more ram?

It would, multi-process web browsers are major resource hogs. Feodor2 probably doesn't rebase DLLs? That would help with RAM consumption in multi-process mode.

Edited by UCyborg

Opinions are like BUTTS, everybody has one but not everybody wants to hear it.  waka waka waka

In my opinion, Firefox started dying LONG before they sold their soul.

What we have instead, is they sold their soul out of some sort of "If you can't beat 'em, JOIN 'EM".

And that is where we are at - Internet Explorer couldn't beat 'em, so they JOINED 'EM.

Firefox couldn't beat 'em, so they JOINED 'EM.

( Q.E.D. )  [waka waka waka]

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

In my opinion, Firefox started dying LONG before they sold their soul.

I meant people who use Chrome. Firefox won't die as long as it's distinctive from Chrome in one way or another that some people would find useful. And I don't think fork(s) that try to preserve its initial philosophy will die either.

Same way desktop Linux doesn't die. Low market share, but so what? It has its audience.

Edited by UCyborg

1 hour ago, Cocodile said:

86 seems a bit out of date, just a bit.

Nobody has yet to step forward with any example web sites that work in newer versions but do not work in 86.

One member sites his gym membership but no screencaps or URLs for anybody else to verify.

I'd love to have a public list!  But again, nobody has yet to step forward with any example web sites.

A public list of URLs that stop working at version 86, 87, 101, 103, 105, 110, 112, you name it, would be a rather valuable resource.

But again, and not to beat a dead horse, but nobody has yet to step forward with VERIFIABLE examples.

Instead, all we get is a few members constantly citing that 86 is a bit old.

Until we have a verifiable list of URLs for other members to be able to witness 86 being a bit old, then none of us that use 86 will sway from 86.

Kind of not too difficult a concept to grasp.  :cool:

Nobody has yet to step forward with any example web sites that work in newer versions but do not work in 86.

One member sites his gym membership but no screencaps or URLs for anybody else to verify.

I'd love to have a public list!  But again, nobody has yet to step forward with any example web sites.

A public list of URLs that stop working at version 86, 87, 101, 103, 105, 110, 112, you name it, would be a rather valuable resource.

But again, and not to beat a dead horse, but nobody has yet to step forward with VERIFIABLE examples.

Instead, all we get is a few members constantly citing that 86 is a bit old.

Until we have a verifiable list of URLs for other members to be able to witness 86 being a bit old, then none of us that use 86 will sway from 86.

Kind of not too difficult a concept to grasp.  :cool:

You're kiddin', right ?

Super popular websites don't work, to name a few :

Mega , GitHub , IMDB , Twitter is slow , Instagram webviewers don't work properly.

Dark contents rendering is broken . 

1 minute ago, Cocodile said:

Mega , GitHub , IMDB

I guess I don't see what "doesn't work" because I use these three quite often.  I don't have ACCOUNTS on any of the three, but all three seem to work for no-account-required activities.

Which could bring us to SSL/TLS login issues as opposed to actual rendering engine?

SSL/TLS login issues can be resolved with local proxy programs and are not generally the fault of the rendering engine itself.

I guess I don't see what "doesn't work" because I use these three quite often.  I don't have ACCOUNTS on any of the three, but all three seem to work for no-account-required activities.

Which could bring us to SSL/TLS login issues as opposed to actual rendering engine?

SSL/TLS login issues can be resolved with local proxy programs and are not generally the fault of the rendering engine itself.

here ya go, captured the error for you. Recently others wrote about the same not working Mega.

megafail.png