ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.1030 rebuild 7

On 12/31/2022 at 8:17 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

It's labeled "ungoogled" because it breaks the "hand-shake" with the Chrome Web Store that creates a cookie that you can not delete and that relays telemetry back to Google.

You cannot install extensions via Chrome Web Store but there are BETTER ways to install extensions anyway.

Thnx, which is more safe and future proof, this one or this one ?

https://msfn.org/board/topic/184249-chrome-110-based-opera-i-ported-it-to-vista/

I see both of these are chinese . Fellas, please help me choose ! I'm new and don't know anything. Dark theme is a must.

4 hours ago, Anbima said:

How do you do that with the fonts that are difficult to read?

My settings in DCBrowser: Page zoom 110 %, Font size: Large. I use rather Dark Mode...but NOT on MSFN nor windowsxp forums....

In 360Chrome: Page zoom: 120%, custom font size: 12.

16 minutes ago, msfntor said:

NO MORE, these are from ArcticFoxie or HummingOwl... that's all. So chinese roots are to forget, no more chinese telemetry!

By "both of these are chinese", @Cocodile meant 360Chrome and Opera, hence the link to a Vista forum topic.

3 hours ago, Cocodile said:

Thnx, which is more safe and future proof, this one or this one ?

https://msfn.org/board/topic/184249-chrome-110-based-opera-i-ported-it-to-vista/

I would not use either on Vista.

I would use (and do use) v94 forks for anything I run with Vista or higher.

I have no need for anything higher than v94.

And there is no such thing as "future proof" - we can only find what works for us "today" and we have to decide for ourselves if we want to be a dog chasing its tail with constant updates that gain us nothing or if we are content with running "old" and not having to deal with the hassle and nuisance of constantly upgrading.

On 1/2/2023 at 10:27 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I would not use either on Vista.

I would use (and do use) v94 forks for anything I run with Vista or higher.

I have no need for anything higher than v94.

And there is no such thing as "future proof" - we can only find what works for us "today" and we have to decide for ourselves if we want to be a dog chasing its tail with constant updates that gain us nothing or if we are content with running "old" and not having to deal with the hassle and nuisance of constantly upgrading.

I see, thanks ! I read there's a newer version of this browser on the 95 version. I have XP 64 on a spare comp., are there plans for it then ?

11 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

After Chromium and Mozilla browsers stop working on Windows 7 and 8x, would you suggest using this browser on either of those operating systems?  Other than Blink revisions, are there any caveats?

There is no answer to that!

Browser choice has always always ALWAYS been about "personal perference".

What works for me, will not work for you.  What works for you, will not work for me.

8 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

There is no answer to that!

Browser choice has always always ALWAYS been about "personal perference".

What works for me, will not work for you.  What works for you, will not work for me.

Well what works for me is that there is general site compatibility.  I think we're making this harder to answer than it needs to be.  It appears that this browser has better compatibility than any of roytam1's offerings.  If that's the case, and it works with WebComponents, Facebook, banking sites and YouTube, well then that's my preference.

I would like tabs under the address bar, which seems to be the case in one of the screen shots.

Hello @UCyborg! After using the method of rebasing the chrome.dll for a while, I have to thank you once again for sharing this method and providing a link to the tool libase. From now on, I am able to make sense of the 360Chrome browsers in my system and especially the version 360Chrome v13.5 build 1030. d010.gif

Kindest regards, AstroSkipper :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content