ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.1030 rebuild 7

It basically intercepts incoming font-family: montserrat,sans-serif and rewrites it to anything you want, such as font-family: sans-serif.

Thereby totally eliminating the montserrat font whether the .css was fetched or not.

But Stylus is not for the "set it and forget it" crowd.

19 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

It basically intercepts incoming font-family: montserrat,sans-serif and rewrites it to anything you want, such as font-family: sans-serif.

Thereby totally eliminating the montserrat font whether the .css was fetched or not.

But Stylus is not for the "set it and forget it" crowd.

I did this with fontreplacer, but since almost every page uses other fonts, this is almost impossible.
But shouldn't it be that Chrome uses the font-family fonts from local? At Firefox, the fonts look different.

Firefox has an option to block remote fonts - I don't think even that option would block a .css font.

I personally block several third-party font-supplier domains and then just live-with / accept that some "icons" are also blocked.

If it's a site I visit frequently, then I fix with Stylus.

If it's just some random site I'm on for three minutes and never ever return to it, then I can read the content and navigate the site even if some of the "icons" are coming from a FONT that I've blocked.

34 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Firefox has an option to block remote fonts - I don't think even that option would block a .css font.

When I look at a website with the "Open Sans" font in Firefox, it looks very different than in 360chrome.
On the following screenshot there is 360chrome on the left and mypal68 right.
MyPal68 is much more readable.
What does Firefox do?

Screenshot.jpg

Edited by Anbima

16 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

For Chromium-based in XP, make sure that you have chrome://flags/#disable-direct-write DISABLED.

It is DISABLED.

The font is very good for Kafan mini-browser.
There is no difference to Firefox.

What is different about 360chrome?

To appreciate immediately the change in fonts with/without remote fonts in uBlock, copy/paste your test link into another tab after your change.

I've enabled remote fonts in some websites (eg. MSFN.org)...

At the same time, I have third-party scripts and frames disabled (first, notch "I am an advanced user").

Edited by msfntor

Yes, there's something weird going on with the fonts.  I tried blocking remote fonts with uBlock as well, but the problem with that then is that a lof of characters on certain websites become squares.

An easy way to see this is to just navigate to chrome://flags where you can see the very jagged-looking fonts.

8 minutes ago, mockingbird said:

a lof of characters on certain websites become squares.

scripts.. unblock scripts? - and block fonts result in blocking of some icons in some websites, ArcticFoxie spoke of it in the post above... 

Edited by msfntor

5 minutes ago, mockingbird said:

An easy way to see this is to just navigate to chrome://flags where you can see the very jagged-looking fonts.

I'm familiar with what you are referring to.

On my XP, the only thing I need to do is DISABLE DirectWrite within 360Chrome.  There's also an XP setting for "smooth edge fonts" that I also DISABLE, but cannot screencap from here at work (Win10 here).

In Win7 and higher, you may also need to disable ClearType.

35 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

On my XP, the only thing I need to do is DISABLE DirectWrite within 360Chrome.  There's also an XP setting for "smooth edge fonts" that I also DISABLE, but cannot screencap from here at work (Win10 here).

Turning DirectWrite DISABLED or ENABLED doesn't change my view.
How can I check if it is DISABLED? In chrome://flags it is DISABLED.

Is there a parameter for the 360Loader.ini?