cmdlines does not execute

I have create a custom unattended mode for WinXP SP1 CD.The $OEM$ is place in the root of the CD (CD-Drive:\$OEM$).I have place the cmdlines.txt inside the $OEM$ folder to execute some command but it seem like doesn't execute at all. Any ideals?

P/S: I have enable the OEMPreinstall=Yes in the winnt.sif.

winnt.sif

======

;SetupMgrTag

[Data]

AutoPartition=1

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=215

OemSkipWelcome=1

[userData]

ProductID=AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA

FullName="CSLEE"

OrgName="CSLEE"

ComputerName=CSLEE

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=7,8,10,11,9

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=CSLEE

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

cmdlines

======

[Commands]

"regedit/s regtweak.reg"

"update.cmd"

Please help ,I have try this so many times and the cmdlinex.txt command still not been executed !! Where can I find more information for RunOnce and hotfixes installation cause I have try the way they post to unattended install hotfixes but still could not success .

I have type the Regedit/s mistakenly.The regedit command is as following:

Regedit /s regtweak.reg ( have space between the regedit and /s)

Yes,the update.cmd is in the $OEM$ folder as well also.

Example

======

CD-ROM:\I386\

CD-ROM:\$OEM$\update.cmd

CD-ROM:\$OEM$\cmdlinex.txt

CD-ROM:\$OEM$\regtweak.reg

cmdlinex.txt

========

[COMMAND]

"REGEDIT /S regtweak.reg"

"Update.cmd"

can you even use regedit at that early stage?

try "REG /IMPORT registry.reg"

apart from that, as long as cmdlines.txt is in the $OEM$ folder, and the $OEM$ folder is in the right place, XP setup automatically runs cmdlines.txt and then as long as the .cmd files are in the $OEM$ dir as well, they will execute

my guess: you haven't puy your $OEM$ folder in the right place or have used an incorrect syntax to tell winnt.sif where it is

re: OemFilesPath="path"

just out of curiosity what would the correct syntax be?

The correct syntax isn't mentioned in MY ref.chm either. :) lol

(I'm having a problem loading cmdlines.txt also but via a lan distribution folder)

I moved it and put the path excluding the $OEM$ (as ref.chm says wants the location of the folder if it's not under i386) does that mean that if you move it you include or not include the $OEM$ in the path?

maybe this'll help the guy/girl who started this thread also :rolleyes:

It should be cmdlines.cmd and not cmdlines.txt

Try and see if it works

csaha

no, it is CMDLINES.TXT definitely!

as for the OemFilesPath the correct syntax would be (copied directly from ref.chm)

OemFilesPath

Specifies the path to the \$OEM$ folder (containing OEM files) if it does not exist under the i386 folder of the distribution share point.

Syntax OemFilesPath =path_to_$OEM$_folder 

Value path_to_$OEM$_folder

Example OemFilesPath = "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\OEM_Files"

Comments The path can be a UNC name. Enclose path_to_$OEM$_folder in quotation marks if it is a long file name.

For more information about the \$OEM$ folder, if you are a computer manufacturer, see the Microsoft Windows XP OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) User Guide. Otherwise, see the Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Deployment Guide.

and

OemPnPDriversPath

Specifies the path to one or more folders that contain Plug and Play drivers not distributed in Drivers.cab on the Windows product CD.

Syntax OemPnPDriversPath = folder_1_on_system_drive[;folder_2_on_system_drive]...

Values folder_1_on_system_drive[;folder_2_on_system_drive]...

Example OemPnPDriversPath = MyFolder1; MyFolder2

Registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\

Windows\CurrentVersion\DevicePath

Comments The folders must contain all the files necessary to install the particular devices: catalog files, .inf files, and drivers.

For example, if you have a folder called \Drivers with subfolders called \Audio and \Net, specify OemPnPDriversPath = drivers\audio;drivers\net in the Unattend.txt file. Setup adds:

%SYSTEMDRIVE% to each of the folder names

the path for each subfolder to the Plug and Play device search path.

Important

The length of the OemPnPDriversPath entry in Unattend.txt must not exceed 4096 characters.

You cannot use environment variables to specify the location of a folder.

Always use signed drivers. Signed drivers make the operating system more stable and significantly reduce requests for product support.

When using OemPnPDriversPath in Unattend.txt, be sure that the folders are available during GUI-mode Setup or the end user first-run experience. The easiest way to do this is to place the Plug and Play drivers in the \$OEM$\$1 folder. To prevent end users from inadvertently deleting driver folders located at the root of the drive, you can place drivers under the \$OEM$\$$ folder (for example: $OEM$\$$\PnP\Audio).

If the drivers are not in the Drivers.cab file on the computer's hard disk or in the location specified by OemPnPDriversPath, Setup prompts the end user for the location of the drivers during the first boot of the machine, before Windows Welcome or Mini-Setup.

You can also use the [PnPDrivers] section in Winbom.ini to update drivers on a previously-created image of the installed operating system