greetings!

spongebob

I'm working on building a new PC for myself to use with Windows 8.1 on it (mainly because of my distaste for 10 and 11 and also nostalgia for using 8.1), and since I'll have to deal with all of the problems with trying to use modern hardware and software on an OS that has it's support ending in mere days I decided to join this forum as it seems to be a wonderful place for expertise on that matter.
I'm very unknowledgeable about computer stuff (I don't know what drivers or the stuff on motherboards are other than pure magic :P) so please keep that in mind when interacting with me here. (Definitely trying to learn, however!)
(Also, to those curious about the username: I'm a big Spongebob fan, so when I saw the username wasn't taken I just had to snag it.)

1 hour ago, spongebob said:

I'm working on building a new PC for myself to use with Windows 8.1 on it (mainly because of my distaste for 10 and 11 and also nostalgia for using 8.1), and since I'll have to deal with all of the problems with trying to use modern hardware and software on an OS that has it's support ending in mere days I decided to join this forum as it seems to be a wonderful place for expertise on that matter.
I'm very unknowledgeable about computer stuff (I don't know what drivers or the stuff on motherboards are other than pure magic :P) so please keep that in mind when interacting with me here. (Definitely trying to learn, however!)
(Also, to those curious about the username: I'm a big Spongebob fan, so when I saw the username wasn't taken I just had to snag it.)

Welcome, Bob ... hope you find our forum helpful. Yeah, you do gave a good username there.

Take good care..

-Sal

Edited by XPerceniol